Christian Game Companies Merge

Left Behind Games and Digital Praise have announced the merger of the two companies into a single Christian game producing powerhouse.

Digital Praise has over 30 titles in its repertoire, including Adventures in Odyssey, Guitar Praise, Dance Praise, Light Rangers, and aMazing Bible. The company was established in 2003 and publishes for the PC, Mac and iPhone, in addition to producing online Flash games.

Left Behind Games should be familiar to readers of this site, as we’ve covered their recent entry into the Xbox and Wii markets, in addition to the pilot release of their games in Texas Wal-Mart stores.

Left Behind CEO Troy Lyndon cited four key elements Digital Praise brings to the merger:

(1) strong brands and products, (2) multi-channeled distribution, (3) a solid management team and (4) a history of generating millions of dollars in the emerging Christian video game market, a feat no company has matched.

23 comments

1. sharpshooterbabe says:

I think it is a good idea, but like the rest of you have said, will they make good games or ones that just go down the drain? Of course they are good for the churches to use, which I would think that’s how they make their millions of dollars though. & of course the Christian households.

"It’s better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." – Montgomery Gentry

2. MechaCrash says:

They don’t have to be, but they will be. Tie in games are almost always half-baked piles of crap because they’re relying on the strength of their license to make up for any flaws in gameplay. Why should that be different just because the license is Jesus?

3. Shadow D. Darkman says:

Anyone else remember when Jack was hating on the Left Behind games, based on the books? (I read those in Eighth Grade, was rather interesting at the time)

—————————–

"A Chrono Trigger is anything that unleashes its will or desire to change history!" -Gaspar

4. bpm195 says:

I’m thinking the same thing. There’s no reason for Christian game to mean mediocrity.

I think there’s a huge potential for a fun game where you’re a super pastor in America trying to convert to your faith, while trying not to get battered by the left and have themopress you. With some good writing I could see a really awesome game that would make even an atheist like me cheer for Jesus!

5. funkyj says:

Pity they didn’t merge with another company – they could call themselves the Holy Trinity!

6. Vake Xeacons says:

Regardless, they’re better off in games than in politics.

Sometimes, I’m afraid of even opening GP’s site in the morning, thinking, "What douche is bashing games in the name of my Lord this time?"

It’s scary. Not only are they attacking me as a gamer (as well as all of you), but they’re only making the church look worse, abandoning Biblical values for judgement and hate. Not very Christ-like.

As long as they’re on our side making games (even if it’s shovelware), those of you who don’t like them can ignore them.

7. Vake Xeacons says:

What’s it take to please you guys? I can see complaining when some watchdog’s bashing gaming, but these guys are on our side. Isn’t that what we want: supporters?

Or do we want them to keep attacking us?

8. Gift says:

It still won’t make any difference, despite looking like a prime IP these guys couldn’t successfully turn any part of the bible into a game.

Gift.

9. axiomatic says:

Hey guys. I’m one of the GamePolitics resident religion haters but I wish these guys the best. Yeah religion didn’t work out for me, but if religious people need religion in their gaming then I’m all for whatever brings up the quality in these games. If two companies have to merge for this. More power to them.

May I suggest a new company name though? The other two names were lacking IMO. How about "Omnipotent Games" as a starter suggestion, talk amongst yourselves….

10. SeanB says:

Is anyone else trying?

11. Valdearg says:

Lol.. I see what you did there. And to think, there was a time a while ago where I wasn’t sure if you had a sense of humor.. 😛

12. Rodrigo Ybáñez García says:

This is gonna just end bad for everyone. Wii doesn´t need more shovelware.

———————————————————— My DeviantArt Page (aka DeviantCensorship): http://www.darkknightstrikes.deviantart.com

Comments are closed.