The Princeton Review and GamePro Magazine teamed up in order to rank the top U.S. and Canadian schools for game design.
Rankings were based on academics, faculty, technology and career assistance. The top 8 schools overall were:
- University of Southern California, Interactive Media Division
- DigiPen Institute of Technology
- Drexel University, RePlay (Digital Media & Computer Science)
- Becker College, Game Design and Game Programming
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Games and Simulation Arts and Sciences
- The Art Institute of Vancouver, Game Art & Design/Visual & Games Programming
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Interactive Media and Game Development (IMGD)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Singapore-MIT GAMBIT Game Lab
Additionally, a Top 50 list of game design schools was also assembled. The full list can be viewed here.