Industry Group Seeks Charter Members

March 8, 2010 -

The Entertainment Media Council (EMC), an organization launched about a year ago in order to offer mentoring and other resources to videogame entrepreneurs and corporate types has issued a call for charter members.

Charter members who choose to help out the EMC will receive honorary lifetime memberships for their key personnel and will be responsible for “empowering the association and, by extension, the industry as a whole to” increase the success rate of new firms, stabilize the business landscape, explore and create new business models, reduce unnecessary and wasteful layoffs and effect other significant change.”

EMC Founder Morgan Ramsay added, “The path we have chosen is difficult, but the rewards will be great. We are seeking Charter Members, businesses whose leaders believe in our mission, to help us forward.”

The EMC's take on "responsibility," as related to videogame executives:

Since 1976, the industry has been besieged by cause advocates, media watchdogs, and legislators. Despite the fact that most attempts to regulate video games have failed—none of the 48 related bills proposed during the 2008/09 period passed—the demand for socially responsible business practices, from creators to consumers, has never been as strong.

Comments

Re: Industry Group Seeks Charter Members

Not to mention been besiged by stupid corperate types that think DRM works and consuemrs are cirminals.....

Until lobbying is a hanging offense I choose anarchy! CP/IP laws should not effect the daily life of common people! http://zippydsmlee.wordpress.com/

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm