Ex-Mayor of Charm City's 360 Goes Up for Auction

March 9, 2010 -

If an earlier eBay auction of an Xbox 360 purported to have been autographed by Sara Palin was too rich for your blood another Microsoft console owned by a female politician is now up for sale on the auction website.

The 360 in question was actually a key component in the resignation of ex-Baltimore mayor Sheila Dixon (D), who was charged with taking gift cards intended for charity and using them to buy videogame systems for her family. Dixon resigned in January of this year.

The Xbox was seized from Dixon’s home in 2008, reports the Baltimore Sun, and indeed the console still features red “evidence” tape across the front of it.

From the auction description:

This Xbox was submitted as evidence at the trial of former Baltimore Mayor Sheila Dixon. This item has been surrendered to the Maryland State Prosecutors Office pursuant to the plea agreement. All proceeds from this sale will go to Youthworks of Baltimore.

This xbox is USED, and seems to be in great condition. It includes one controller and the Need for Speed Carbon disc.

Bidding had reached $405.00 at the time this story was written.

Comments

Re: Ex-Mayor of Charm City's 360 Goes Up for Auction

For the price of that, you could actually get a 360 Elite with a GOOD game like MW2. Need For Speed Carbon is meh.

Re: Ex-Mayor of Charm City's 360 Goes Up for Auction

Bidding on this is now over $500. I thought one in ten people in this country was out of work, and people are bidding up this thing?

As for the Palin Xbox, the knucklehead didn't sell it. He keeps relisting it each time the auction expires for the same $1.1M asking price.

Re: Ex-Mayor of Charm City's 360 Goes Up for Auction

If 1 in 10 people are out of work, it means that 9 in 10 still have a job, and I'm sure one of those 9 in 10 are willing to pay 500 or more for that novelty 360.

Re: Ex-Mayor of Charm City's 360 Goes Up for Auction

Hope MS hasn't banned it.  And that any personal account info has been cleared from it.

Re: Ex-Mayor of Charm City's 360 Goes Up for Auction

I have a feeling that the sale of this system might make up for more than the original price of both the 360, and the NFS Carbon game combined. That is if people are willing to purchace something like this for the pure novality of it and put it on display like the 'Palin 360'.

If that is true then the charity the money was intended for will be made up and then some. Speaking of the 'Palin 360', did anyone buy that? I forgot.

- W

Consumer responsibility is just as important as Corporate responsibility. So, be responsible consumers.

Re: Ex-Mayor of Charm City's 360 Goes Up for Auction

Lets hope after it's swicthed on, that red tape is still the only red thing on the front of the console. ;-)

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Ex-Mayor of Charm City's 360 Goes Up for Auction

ba-dum-*tish*

MattsworknameYeah, i got started and then made it through t the first few misions anthen blood borne05/23/2015 - 10:13pm
Goth_SkunkWhich one, Dragon Age?05/23/2015 - 8:20pm
Wonderkarpalso waiting patiently for Batman.05/23/2015 - 7:36pm
MattsworknameIn still trying ot beat that game the first time. Freaking game has so much side questing05/23/2015 - 7:34pm
Goth_SkunkPlaying a third and probably final playthrough of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Once that's done, I'll move on to AC: Unity, most likely, then get caught up on A-list games I have yet to play, like Murdered: Soul Suspect and Shadows of Mordor.05/23/2015 - 6:33pm
MattsworknameIf you own a vita and like monster hunter, but dont like the bs filler that goes with it. Try tokiden kiwmai05/23/2015 - 6:11pm
Matthew Wilsonaparently their servers got crushed, but I dont see the game selling well. Nintendo fans tend not to be fans of competitive fps05/23/2015 - 5:48pm
MattsworknameSPlatton looks intersting, Love the are style, gonna give the game a try with the upcoming test fire05/23/2015 - 4:39pm
PHX Corp@Technogeek, I'm returning for one more Run with the Global testfire05/23/2015 - 3:41pm
WonderkarpI'm bouncing all over the place but right now I'd say I'm playing Super Mario 64 trying to max out the stars. 2 worlds and 2 secret stars to go05/23/2015 - 1:12pm
TechnogeekReminder: Splatoon Global Testfire returns this afternoon/evening.05/23/2015 - 12:45pm
Andrew EisenA bit busy with my 30 Days of Netflix project but I did play through the first world of New Super Mario Bros. 2 at a sushi restaurant last night.05/23/2015 - 10:59am
MattsworknameSo, whats everyone playing? Im still knee deep in bloodborne, but finaly beat Rom the spider05/23/2015 - 7:20am
Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm