CS Hacker Stabbed in Brain

A 17-year old gamer playing Counter-Strike in a Jilin, China net café was accused of wall hacking and, following an argument with his accusers, ended up being stabbed in the skull by with a 12-inch long knife.

Hot Blooded Gaming has the story of the incident, which, in turn, is taken from a Sankaku Complex translation of a Chinese blog. The 17-year old stabbing victim retained consciousness and was rushed to the hospital, where it’s reported that after hours of surgery, the knife was removed and the boy appeared to be recovering. Doctors said that the rusty knife missed major arteries, though the boy was placed under observation due to possible complications from the rust on the knife.

The café in question was apparently quite liberal in requiring IDs for entry, making it popular with local youth.

A second and rather graphic picture of the boy being prepped for surgery can be seen here.

sharpshooterbabe says:

You know your comment is exactly the same thought process of my fiance’s. & was in the USMC. I agree w/you on this. Even if you don’t know someone on a game, the person on the other end shouldn’t wish bad luck on the hacker if he’s hacking. I just think of it as what comes around goes around. So what would happen if Val was wished to die? & maybe if he was told to his face. How would that make Val feel?

"It’s better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." – Montgomery Gentry

gellymatos says:

Well, it is a fun game. We catholics used to do it all the time, Burn the Heretics. Ah, good days. And now it’s being played again! Awesome! Remember, burn them all!

Angry Mob: A hacker, we found a hacker!! Burn him!!! Burn him!!! Burn the hacker!!!!

Mob Guy 1: We found a hacker, may we burn him!!!

Angre Mob: Burn him!!! Burn him!!! Burn him!!!!!!

Moderator: How do you know he is a hacker?

Angry Mob: He was kicking our asses in Modern Warfare 2!! He was too good! He must be hacker! Burn him!!

Angry Mob: Burn him!!! Burn Him!!!!!

Moderator: Bring Him Foward.

Accused: I am not a hacker.

Moderator: But then why were you winning like one?

Accused: I’m just really good.

Angry Mob: No!!! Not True!!! Liar!!!!

Moderator: Well?

Mob Guy 1: Well, I was holding perfectly still when he sniped my head off. And he did have a higher level with better, but legitimate weapons. But he’s still a hacker!!!!

Angry Mob: Yeah!!!Burn him!!! Burn him!!! Burn him!!!

Moderator: Did you really just hold still and use bad tactics?

Angry Mob: No!!! No!!! No!!!

Mob Guy 1: Yes.

Mob Guy 2: Yeah

Mob Guy 1: A bit.

Angry Mob: A bit. Just bit.

Mob Guy 1: He was camping.

Moderator: What makes you think he’s a hacker?

Mob Guy 3: Well, he sniped me so and then suddenly I couldn’t play anymore. (everyone looks at him). I respawned again.

Mob Guy 2: Burn him anyway!!!

Angry Mob: Burn him! Burn him!!! Burn the hacker!!! Burn him!!!

OriginalAdric says:

Seriously? What the hell, people? If your moral compass is telling you that it is okay to kill someone because they abused your particular form of entertainment, you need to back up and examine your priorities. Really, this level of hate is starting to look like crazy religious fundamentalists. We going to start burning the heretics of the Church of Game? Beautiful…

gellymatos says:

@Agorwal: Now, I know I saw some trailers and read some lesser known promotions that said it was possible to snipe a pilot. Guess some have to blame it on cheating rather than skill or luck.

Agorwal says:

im far from being better, im not bad, but that was a lucky shot. and yes it was satisfying until i was accused of cheating by people who couldn’t believe i got a lucky shot.

gellymatos says:

@Agorwol: Sniping a copter pilot’s a good feeling, isn’t it? Did it to a Hind myself. Yeah, it is a problem. Some guys can’t seem to grasp the fact that there are those who are better than them. It’s a problem.

Agorwal says:

finally made me login to my account to post something again, congratulations. while ill admit hackers definitely are annoying, theres usually a very simple solution for your whiny rants, find another server. I also hate the whole "omg this guy has 20 kills and 3 deaths he must be hacking!" my best friend plays modern warfare 2 pretty much religiously, think hes on his 6th prestige by now, and he gets accused of hacking in damn near every game.

in another case, i was playing battlefield bad company 2 the other day, and i happened to get a lucky shot with a sniper rifle and kill the pilot of a blackhawk, it was low to the ground and it hit and exploded, so i got 4 kills. will this ever happen to me again? most likely not. regardless, because of that one shot i got basically the whole enemy team accusing me of hacking, yelling at me to leave the game etc.

basically my long rambling rant there comes down to this. while i strongly believe that people using cracks do cause an annoyance, nobody deserves to be stabbed over something this trivial, so take a couple deep breath’s, find a new server, and remind yourself this one simple fact.

Its a game. Games are supposed to be fun.

Titantim says:

I was traveling around the Philippines a while ago and saw someone blatantly wallhacking in CS in an internet cafe.

Those are the WORST kind of hackers IMO because if they’re caught, it does nothing to them personally.  The CS account is from the cafe, and they didn’t pay a cent for it.

I was so close to laying into him right there, but I was sure that the language barrier would just make me look like a crazy foreigner.  I know how those people felt when they stabbed the loser.  Mind you, I wouldn’t stab anyone like most people on this site says.  But I know the frustration felt when you play a game with people online, and a small ammount of people make the ENTIRE game unplayable!  I’m currently playing Mordern Warfare 2 now, and its the same problem.  I feel like I want to reach across the screen to give the hacker a punch to the jaw.

Cerabret100 says:

That’s the thing, they aren’t thinking.

This is the internet, there couldn’t be ANY reprecussions to this sort of thing, like you know, some wannabe reporter seeing all these comments about how cheating in a video game deserves being murdered and deciding to throw it all over the news "GAMERS CONDONE VIOLENCE AGAINST CHEATERS" or "GAMERS SAY KID ACCUSED OF CHEATING SHOULD HAVE DIED/DESERVES TO DIE"

oh no that could NEVER happen /sarcasm

They say game critics should do their research as a cure for their ignorance, i for one hope they never do as they’d find all this and just have more ammo.

On one hand, i give the moderators/administrators credit for putting up with this in the name of free speech, on the other i find them responsible for the abhorrent comments and blatant flaming/trolling here due to non action. but in the end it’s their site, i guess they can allow whatever they want.

Arcanagos says:

Wow, some of the comments on here are absolutely sickening.  We all know that videogames don’t cause violence, violent people cause violence.  So why are some of you saying this guy deserved to get stabbed in the brain over a damn VIDEO GAME?  This is the kind of crap that gives people like JT and Michael Atkinson ammunition, what are you people thinking?

"Go ahead and hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat a friend. Do it in the name of Heaven, Jack Thompson’ll justify it in the end." – nightwng2000

gellymatos says:

Crap, seriously?! I’m largely a sniper in firstpersonshooters, so from one sniper to another, I must say that’s impressive. I’m not that good yet. As for the cheating thing, it’s happened a lot. A guy’s winning, it must be cheating.

hellfire7885 says:

Indeed, and as I said above, even if a player isn’t cheating, some people will accuse someone who is winning of cheating, evne when they aren’t.

My brother got in a lot of practice with the sniper rifle in Halo PC, so good he could nail a moving Warthog. He can’t count how many times people wanted him kicked for hacking, when he did no such thing.

gellymatos says:

Wow, that’s some hate this guy’s generated. Evidently, he’s gotten what he’s deserved, according to everyone. And no one has noticed that it wasn’t proven that he was wall hacking. He was just accused by a couple of guys who then subsequently stabbed him.

I mean, hackers are the scum of the gaming community. I generally make it a policy of mine to target hackers whenever I find them. Nothing irritates me more when playing an FPS than hackers, except maybe headset use by either kids or guys who seem to think that using a lot of profanity makes them look badass, but only because those two types of gamers are more common. If it were up to me, I would make it so that caught hackers would be always seen on radars and maps of all games they played for all time. However, killing? Really? Hackers are such a bother, they’re worth true hate? I can’t see how. They’re hackers. They deserver a lot of things, but killing them isn’t worth the energy it takes lift a knife.

nightwng2000 says:

As DarkSaber mentioned earlier, such acts happen in the real world for far less important, non-gaming reasons.

It all comes down to anger, frustration, one’s preception of justice and how one has learned, directly and indirectly, to handle such circumstances.

You’ve got individual A who has done something or is at least accused of something.

And you’ve got individuals B and up who are responding in the way they have learned to.

And then you have everyone else who wasn’t there, preceiving what happened and responding in our own, individual way.

I’m reminded of another fairly recent event.  The event where someone at WalMart walked up to a mother carrying her crying baby and slapped the child because they wanted to shut the child up.

How many times long before this have people complained about crying babies in public situations, such as in stores?  How many have claimed they would walk up and shut the child up?  How many would actually DO it?  Now, someone did.  Very few who claimed ThEY would do it are now on the side of the person who did it.  Saying how terrible it was.  A few are supporting the slapper.  while others are shifting gears and saying the slapper should have slapped the mother instead.  Of course, if they HAD slapped the mother…

The attackers in this story, through whatever direct or indirect education and life experiences, ended up reacting the way they did.  One has to wonder if they had known of someone in the past having done a similar thing, would they STILL have acted the same way this time?  After having actually seen a story like this, who FELT the same way before, more more or less likely to actually DO the same thing now?  Will their expression still be of support or changed because of the act having been done?

I’m pretty sure I could take a few jabs at making jokes about this, but I’m just not in the mood to take a stab at it.

NW2K Software

Nightwng2000 is now admin to the group "Parents For Education, Not Legislation" on MySpace as http://groups.myspace.com/pfenl

Father Time says:

If you find someone hacking in an internet cafe the appropriate ecourse of action is to give them the bum’s rush (i.e. literally throw them out of the building). This is completely unacceptable, although as stated above this happened over someone cheating, it could’ve happened over a game of poker (with no actual money involved) or Monopoly.

Rodrigo Ybáñez García says:

Oh, for Christ´s sake, chinese people. You don´t need this bullcrap right know, acting like total douches with videogames if you already have your government waiting for any lame excuses to ban everything.

———————————————————— My DeviantArt Page (aka DeviantCensorship): http://www.darkknightstrikes.deviantart.com

Roh02 says:

I like games I do alot but I wouldnt stab someone in the head over them

Ive never seen the point of having two seperate crimes "murder" and "attempted murder" isnt the only difference not actually manageing to kill him/her/them?.

they tried to kill someone wether or not they succeeded is tragic but beside the point.

USMC Colonel James Slate says:

Well, after reading the amazingly not well thought out comments directly under the post, I’d say that someone is the definition of video games making people violent, even if they have no real reason to.

But then again, on second thought, I had a very large post I was going to make about how stupid this makes people look, but I think that I have thought better of it, and will just state that any time a kid, or anyone is wounded in such a fasion of something that can now not be proven, is just sad and pathetic.

People that wish harm onto anyone that they do not know, and people that wish harm on people that are not attempting to do harm to those people are truely the scum of the earth.

ezbiker555 says:

Wow talk about extreame nerd rage. Hackers will be part of a game in some way or the other. If it bothers you that much than go find a different game that has less of an hacker issue. Taking a knife is just way overboard man.

Thomas P. says:

Cheating in a video game is bad, but murdering someone is worse.  I hope the guy who stabbed him is charged and convicted of attempted murder.

Regardless of if he cheated or not, shoving a rusty knife into someone’s skull is wrong.

hellfire7885 says:

There is another angle many are ignoring.

The kid was only ACCUSED of hacking, there’s nothing saying he actually did, and in many, MANY cases, if a player is decimating his opponents in a video game, even if he’s doing it without cheating, he gets accused of hacking.

I remember my brother, who has NEVER cheated at any online game in his life, was accused left and right on Halo of being a hacker, when all he was was a decent shot with a sniper rifle. Usually a player who sucks or just sin’t a good as they think they are will accuse the one winning agaisnt them of cheating.

sharpshooterbabe says:

Val, you have to realize that there are more than just "hacker" gamers. A hacker person can be anybody. Does that mean you will get upset at any hacker, even if they don’t play games?

sharpshooterbabe says:

Being harsh there Val. Don’t you think? I don’t like hackers either. But some of my friends can hack into games. Do they want to? No, they would rather hack into computer networks and hack into wifi signals. What about them? What do you think about them?

DarkSaber says:

You mean the people who have been screaming that regardless of evidence for years and are unlikely to change their tune even if their God told them they were wrong?

Arcanagos says:

Wait, wait-wait-wait-wait.  You would wish DEATH on someone just because he was cheating in a VIDEO GAME that has no bearing in reality?  Seek. Professional. Help.  Now.

Cerabret100 says:

And the possibility of proving ambulence chasers who scream of video game violence and immaturity right has no effect on maybe changing this fact?

gellymatos says:

"It’s really quite annoying and doesn’t further the conversation in any way, shape, or form."

The same goes for your constant insults and offensive comments. Do they further the conversation? No, but it hasn’t stopped you yet.

That said, I think Vald may have a point. Whatever the term, guys who cheat in videogames still are going to get Vald’s wrath.

DarkSaber says:

Obvious statement is obvious. What next, "Water is wet"? Mind you, you’d probably say it’s some other word OTHER than wet. Moist, perhaps.

Talouin says:

You would wind up being self-loathing as you do it to religious people all the time.

With all due respect, if you don’t like the way someone is acting, ban them from your server or react in a way that actually does something.  Sitting there mewling because someone is ruining your fun is not productive whatsoever.  If you / the server admins of whatever server you are playing on do not do anything about a cheater then I advise you to either police your server better or play on one with better admins.

You have a messed up moral center and do not realize the implications of what you say.  No matter how invalid the association between video games and violence is, the stigma of such occurrences would damn video games and contribute to the media hysteria currently associated to the violent video games discussion.  (I cannot call it a debate as one side has no evidence beyond correlation studies… and that leads to a very uninteresting / one-sided discussion)

Valdearg says:

I may end up manifesting some condemning hatred for people who choose to play semantics on a relatively minute part of someone’s argument just to make themselves sound smarter, and to confuse the issue. It’s really quite annoying and doesn’t further the conversation in any way, shape, or form.

That being said, my hatred is absolutely not ill placed. People who cheat in multiplayer games do nothing for the game except to either cause more people to cheat in order to keep up or ruin the game for honorable, legitimate players. Either way, it’s a negative, and affecting the value of my game.

Yes, they are just games, and yes, I’m not going to deny that wishing death on all Multiplayer hackers is overkill, because it is, and I realize that, but I honestly wouldn’t shed a tear if we had a story like this about a different hacker every day.

DarkSaber says:

Wallhack is the name of the hack.

/discussion, locked it and thrown into the heart of the sun.

Talouin says:

I’ll play semantics as much as I wish.  Your condemning hatred of people who cheat in video games is ill placed.  They’re just games.  Too many people, like yourself, forget that.

Father Time says:

I think he meant to accuse of you being twitchy all the time like someone who has had way too much coffee.

In any case I might look the other way if someone gave a hacker a kick in the back or something but to actually stab someone is taking it WAY too far.

DarkSaber says:

It’s WallHACK not WallCRACK.

Valdearg says:

Don’t be so dense. The term "Hacker" in relation to this article is CLEARLY used to define people who use programs to cheat in multiplayer video games. Don’t try to play semantics to muddy the argument.

Talouin says:

"No, no. Hackers are scum, and the world would be a better place without them."

I resent this statement but I am sure it is because you are being ignorant.  You have confused the term hacker with cracker.  I’m sorry but there is a difference.  My profession deals with ethical hacking.  With your statements you condemn the entire modding community and the community that finds and fixes security exploits within pretty much any piece of software.  Here are case-point examples.

The creators of CS originally hacked it together from the original Half-Life.

Pirates crack games upon launch in order to avoid restrictive DRM.

White Hat Hackers hack Microsoft Windows in order to discover and report vulnerabilities to Microsoft.

Virus/Worm writers crack Microsoft Windows in order to exploit vulnerabilities and create a zero day.

Wallhacking within CS is a crack.  The Zombie Mod or Zero Gravity mods are hacks.

DarkSaber says:

Riiiight, so you’re giving the deleted text the benefit of the doubt and not the person who it was aimed at, and saw and replied to it, thus launching your own tirade.

Freyar says:

I was fully aware that it wasn’t a direct quote. However how can I comment the same way, or have the same point of view as him with what he did write? It is the very reason that he doesn’t have the exact quote that I give the deleted text the benifit of the doubt.

—- http://www.freyar.net/gallery

DarkSaber says:

Obviously it never crossed your pea-brain that he didn’t give you an exact quote because the text in question had been deleted.

Freyar says:

Should we go back to the beginning and see who threw the first "punch" (so to speak)? As far as I am aware, you started this whole thing by being so aggressive that you outright discuss my ability to read and comprehend, despite the fact that the only thing I had to go on was what you wrote.

My judgement was based on your recount of what was written, and that’s all there is to it. If there’s anything to be said about my comprehension, it seems that you have a bit of trouble re-iterating what you’ve read. You didn’t give me an exact quote, and I generally give a benifit of the doubt to people in scenarios like this. You seem to prefer to cruficy people the instant they state something that you disagree with. It’s no wonder you supported the stabber.

—- http://www.freyar.net/gallery

DarkSaber says:

There is no debate. BFBC2 is a twitch game.

Valdearg says:

I love how you condemn me for attacking you for having different views, then come out and insult my intelligence by telling me, in a matter-of-fact manner, that I read too far into it. I can assure you, his intentions were clear as day, and you are absolutely dull if you didn’t see it.

Freyar says:

It’s a debate for another day (regarding BFBC2’s classification). However don’t be making a personal attack on me because we have differing views. I saw it as a personal attack on your condoning the attack on the accused hacker, not those that play games legitimately. That’s all there is to it. You read too far into it if you push it forward enough to say "he doesn’t like skilled gaming".

—- http://www.freyar.net/gallery

DarkSaber says:

Bad Company 2 IS a twitch game. In fact it’s a perfect textbook example of one.

Valdearg says:

And don’t insult my intelligence by making up a patently absurd interpretation and trying to pass it off like it’s legitimate. It’s not. If that, by some chance, is actually how you interpreted his attack, you should probably go back to school, and take some reading comprehension courses, because you are clearly failing.

Also, How is BF:BC2 NOT a twitch game? Reflexes and good hand-eye coordination are necessary to succeed. Yes, there is a mental aspect as well, but let me tell you, if two mentally equal players engage each other, the person with better twitch skills wins, every time.

Freyar says:

If you are the only one that interprets something the way you do, I’d have to suspect that it is you who’s interpretation is off. I don’t see how he would state that using skill to play a game is "bad". Hell, I don’t consider Battlefield Bad Company 2 a "twitch game" anyway.

You interpret his notion as an attack on fair play, which I cannot agree with. Don’t personally attack me becuase you interpret an insult to fair play when there isn’t one.

—- http://www.freyar.net/gallery

MarcL says:

Agreed that its a good point.  However, I believe most of those cases are centered around cheating that resulted in financial loss.  Those "games" tend to be gambling and affect real life far more directly than video games.

An interesting point none the less.

Valdearg says:

Then you clearly lack reading comprehension, or, more likely, are selectively comprehending his statements to suit your own preconcieved notion.

Skill based games like CS, MW2, and BF:BC2 are often called "Twitch" games. His comment was in response to my original post where I called hackers the scum of the earth and all that. His only response was to call me a "Twitch-Mongering Peice of Shit". The "Twitch Mongering" comment was clearly directed at my support of actually using SKILL to win a SKILL based game.

Any other meaning you derive is absolutely incorrect. Moreso, if you ARE going to selectively interpret pretty cut and dried comments, try making up something better than "I could see his statement of "Twitch-Mongering" being directed at you with the connotation that you’d support the idea of just turning around and stabbing someone without thinking about it," because both you and I know that that particuluar interpretation is utterly rediculous.

Freyar says:

I could see his statement of "Twitch-Mongering" being directed at you with the connotation that you’d support the idea of just turning around and stabbing someone without thinking about it.

I have no idea how you pulled the "He doesn’t like skilled gaming" based on what you just wrote.

—- http://www.freyar.net/gallery

Valdearg says:

This is a good point. I’ve heard of plenty of people being stabbed, shot, beat up, and even arrested/jailed for cheating at different things. Of course, the jailing is usually only when money is involved.

DarkSaber says:

He was stabbed over cheating, the video game aspect is coincidental.

hellfire7885 says:

"If there was a consequence free way to destroy every game hacker in the world?"

Just vote ban them?

Besides, stabbing someone over a damn video game just proves certain people right.

Valdearg says:

The guy’s comments were removed by EZK. He called me a Twitch-Mongering Peice of Shit, I believe. It’s pretty clear he was accusing me of being someone advocating the use of skill, "Twich-Mongering," and it was in a negative connotation, which would imply that the guy doesn’t support playing skill based games legitimately.

If this isn’t the guy who said that, I’ll certainly retract my accusations, but I’m pretty sure he’s the right guy.

Valdearg says:

Since you seem to be defending the hacking point of view, what, exactly, ADDS to everyone’s gameplay exprience when someone hacks and cheats? I mean, assuming you’re the moron who called me a "twich-mongering" POS, you must be a hacker.

What does hacking do to improve the experience for legitimate players? NOT A THING. They RUIN everything about a multi-player game, and frustrate legitimate, NON-CHEATING players until they leave to play something else. Hackers quite literally ruin good games.

On top of that, does it really feel that good to "win" a game because you cheated/hacked? I mean, you didn’t do it based on your obviously poor skills, so it’s not like it was a legitimate win. Any players who achieve things through hacking are just pathetic morons who aren’t good enough at a game to do things right, and EVERYONE knows it.

Valdearg says:

No, no. Hackers are scum, and the world would be a better place without them. There was no sarcasm in my post. I am truly dissappointed that POS didn’t leave the mortal coil. My anger and hatred of them is THAT palpable.

Is it rational? Nope, probably not, but hatred isn’t exactly a rational thing. Is it something I would personally do to a hacker if I met one in real life? Nope, I’d rather not go to jail, and deal with those consequences. If there was a consequence free way to destroy every game hacker in the world? I’d send them all to their maker in a heartbeat, with no moral qualms whatsoever.

Speeder says:

It is a "common" occurence of these all bizarre stuff in Asia, not because culture, but because HALF OF THE PLANET POPULATION live there… So, if nothing ever happened there, something would be wrong…

Neeneko says:

Ah, the number of reserachers trying to figure out just that question.

The best explanation I have heard for China at least is that the asymetric birth rates are taking their toll on the nation.  Too few girls to go around, and there is still a strong system of ‘sucessfull males get multiple females’, so that cuts down the numbers even more.  So you end up with a growing male population with no possiblity of settling down with a famile or even having a gf to temper them a bit, so they obsess on male bonding culture instead.

DarkSaber says:

" these tales are all-too-common."

They really aren’t, it’s just that every single time an incident happens, sites like GP, Kotaku et al cover them, creating the illusion that they happen all the time, much in the same way TV news stories like to present murders in a fashion that implies you’ll be knifed, raped, shot etc etc the second you leave your house.

Zerodash says:

Three things.

1) What the hell is wrong with these Asian countries and these types of game stories?  Between the petty violence and the binge-gaming deaths, these tales are all-too-common.  Is it a consequence of a cultural value?

2) Knife violence.  And here I thought only guns made people kill.

3) Hackers suck, but NOBODY deserves to be stabbed in the head for hacking to win a GAME.

Freyar says:

It’s very disappointing to read. The image just makes me cringe and I certainly can’t bring myself to look at the linked images.

Do I hate hackers? You bet I do.. but that doesn’t mean that they ought to be physically harmed, they should just be barred from playing. That kid could have died, you know, and I certainly hope he recovers fully.

The rest of you advocating violence against people that cheat at games need to calm down.

—- There is a limit for both politicians against video games, and video games against politicians.

DarkSaber says:

I was stabbed in the brain as a child.

SeanB says:

I know of a guy who was shot at a european soccer game, because he commented that the opposing team was playing well. it was his brother who shot him.

hellfire7885 says:

Ok, as much as I bloody fucking hate hackers, especially those who steal accounts, I don’t wish death upon them, total ruin, yes, but not death.

MarcL says:

I can understand the off-hand comment when you see someone hacking saying things like "Die in a fire" thats all anger and blowing off steam at someone who cheated.

Seeing what just happened and saying he deserved it though?  You start to seem more like the guy who did this too him.  Saying that because they cheated at a game they deserve to die is ridiculous.  They deserve a slap on the wrist, they deserve to be shunned by other gamers, they deserve to have their computers smashed.  These are more reasonable punishments, fitting the crime.

You may have been sarcastic, I hope you were, but if thats the case then you need to realize that the internet can’t express your sarcasm, except perhaps with a "/sarcasm off" at the end of your rant.

Valdearg says:

If he was a dirty hacker, *SNIP*

I hate, hate, HATE hackers with every fiber of my being. Want to mod or hack a single player game? Go right ahead, it’s on your computer. If you feel the need to use hacks to ruin other people’s gameplay or to get ahead on leaderboards for games you aren’t good enough at by yourself, you cross the line. Hackers are Cowards and the scum of internet gaming. *SNIP*

EZK: Chill.

DarkSaber says:

If only more people who hacked in multiplayer games got the same treatment.

DarkSaber says:

Proportional schmportional, people have been killed for a lot less in the non-gaming world.

aniki21 says:

Glad to see the comments here dispelling the "gamers are violent" myth so effectively. ¬_¬

As frustrating as hackers can be in multiplayer games, I don’t think murder is proportional retaliation for someone inconveniencing you in a game.