Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

April 8, 2010 -

The tide of youthful anarchy will no longer besmirch and shame the UK.

A wonderful lampoon video released as part of Namco’s media blitz for the upcoming Dead to Rights: Retribution.

Good dog.

Via BrandflakesforBreakfast

Comments

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

That was funny. There should be more dogs on leashes that get away from their owners to attack the politicians against video games.

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

I think you have to be in the UK to get the joke to be honest. It's satire, and I'd say it's more aimed at the hippocrisy of Government in general than the anti-game stance in particular, it just uses the Video Game argument as an example of how our Government doesn't seem to have a clue what constitutes a priority.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Since certain people in the UK, like Mr. Vaz (or that ugly blonde guy whom I don't recall his name) like to play by the Thompson playbook- this video could be interpreted (if you're crazy) as a threat of violence.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Now if this was only true.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Good dog. Now, roll over.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Although I must say that I think it would've been more apt if they used a bald chubby asian man as the MP complaining about violence in computer games.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

The UK has plenty of problems with dangerous dogs (many of which are owned illegally by youths), so I fail to see the supposed irony here.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Love the commercial, but isn't this going to piss off MP's in the UK who don't have a sense of humor?

You mean all of them?

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Haha, yeah guys! The proper response to people who think that video games make us violent is TOTALLY to make a video depicting violence against critics as comedy!

And then we can all go "YEAH! HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED FOR THINKING THAT WE'RE VIOLENT!"

That'll show them that we're not desensitized to violence!

Right?

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Wow, funny. Ha. A vicious dog attack. That's some sophisticated comedy right there.

Maybe I'm getting old but to me, that was just stupid and offensive.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Lol, good dog, indeed. They smell evil.

------------------------------------------------------------ My DeviantArt Page (aka DeviantCensorship): http://www.darkknightstrikes.deviantart.com

Poll

Which video game platform are you most thankful for?:

Andrew EisenThe story you just linked to? The story you asked if anyone had seen? Yes, THAT obnoxiousness. I've heard it parroted for nearly two years now.11/27/2014 - 7:57pm
ZippyDSMleeAndrew Eisen: That shes an ex con man?11/27/2014 - 7:54pm
Andrew EisenI've heard the same obnoxious horse poo for years. It's nothing new.11/27/2014 - 7:45pm
ZippyDSMleeAlso anyone see this? http://guardianlv.com/2014/11/anita-sarkeesian-unmasked-feminist-icon-or-con-artist/11/27/2014 - 7:28pm
ZippyDSMleeEvil within is a badly designed game.11/27/2014 - 7:28pm
Andrew EisenSure but you said "widens," hence my confusion. Looking into it, yep, there's a tweak to completely re-frame the image, adding more info at the top and bottom. You apparently need a fairly beefy rig to keep it running smooth when you do that though.11/27/2014 - 6:48pm
Matthew Wilsonthere is vertical fov, not just horizontal fov11/27/2014 - 6:38pm
Andrew EisenWell, you can widen it to 3:1 or even 10:1 but I don't know why you'd want to. From what I understand it's the missing visual info at the top and bottom that some object to, not that there isn't enough on either side.11/27/2014 - 6:36pm
Matthew WilsonI think it widenss the fov, so you get to see more.11/27/2014 - 6:31pm
Andrew EisenI don't see how as doing so would not add any visual information to the top or bottom of the screen.11/27/2014 - 6:04pm
Matthew Wilsonfrom what I read, getting rid of the black bars and stretching it out made for a better play experience.11/27/2014 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenFrom what I hear, there's a ton of "look up and shoot at the guys above you" stuff in the game that the wider frame doesn't accommodate such actions well.11/27/2014 - 5:55pm
Andrew EisenHaving a game run in scope is not necessarily a bad thing but like any aspect ratio, you have to compose your shots correctly.11/27/2014 - 5:55pm
Neo_DrKefkaThe Evil Within was pretty bad and to make it worse the way the screen size made it hard for you to see even on a big screen it really hurt the game. Being Artistic is great but when you focus on art rather than what sells you run the risk of that happen11/27/2014 - 5:33pm
Matthew WilsonI kinda hope this is not true. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/nintendo_might_not_be_making_more_gamecube_controller_adapters_at_the_moment11/27/2014 - 1:34pm
Matthew WilsonI saw that. I wish people would stop preording, but sadly that will never happen.11/27/2014 - 1:26pm
Papa MidnightUbisoft has cancelled the Season Pass for Assassin's Creed: Unity (http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2ni2ac/ubisoft_cancel_season_pass_for_ac_unity/)11/27/2014 - 1:08pm
NeenekoBut now I can use the christmas discount justification too,11/27/2014 - 11:46am
NeenekoI am also sorely temped by Civ:BE, mostly because I have a demo coming up and I know my productivity will tank.11/27/2014 - 11:45am
MaskedPixelanteThe Evil Within is only a month old, right? And it's already 66% off...11/27/2014 - 10:29am