Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

April 8, 2010 -

The tide of youthful anarchy will no longer besmirch and shame the UK.

A wonderful lampoon video released as part of Namco’s media blitz for the upcoming Dead to Rights: Retribution.

Good dog.

Via BrandflakesforBreakfast

Comments

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

That was funny. There should be more dogs on leashes that get away from their owners to attack the politicians against video games.

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

I think you have to be in the UK to get the joke to be honest. It's satire, and I'd say it's more aimed at the hippocrisy of Government in general than the anti-game stance in particular, it just uses the Video Game argument as an example of how our Government doesn't seem to have a clue what constitutes a priority.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Since certain people in the UK, like Mr. Vaz (or that ugly blonde guy whom I don't recall his name) like to play by the Thompson playbook- this video could be interpreted (if you're crazy) as a threat of violence.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Now if this was only true.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Good dog. Now, roll over.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Although I must say that I think it would've been more apt if they used a bald chubby asian man as the MP complaining about violence in computer games.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

The UK has plenty of problems with dangerous dogs (many of which are owned illegally by youths), so I fail to see the supposed irony here.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Love the commercial, but isn't this going to piss off MP's in the UK who don't have a sense of humor?

You mean all of them?

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Haha, yeah guys! The proper response to people who think that video games make us violent is TOTALLY to make a video depicting violence against critics as comedy!

And then we can all go "YEAH! HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED FOR THINKING THAT WE'RE VIOLENT!"

That'll show them that we're not desensitized to violence!

Right?

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Wow, funny. Ha. A vicious dog attack. That's some sophisticated comedy right there.

Maybe I'm getting old but to me, that was just stupid and offensive.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Lol, good dog, indeed. They smell evil.

------------------------------------------------------------ My DeviantArt Page (aka DeviantCensorship): http://www.darkknightstrikes.deviantart.com

Poll

How do you feel about microtransactions in $60 video games?:

Big PermYou might be right, Zippy08/28/2015 - 9:21am
ZippyDSMleeBig Perm: Naw best ever goes to kill la kill!08/28/2015 - 9:14am
Big PermHer costume is amazing. It may be the best costume ever08/28/2015 - 8:30am
E. Zachary KnightLike I said, she looks like a fun character to play, but her costume is really obnoxious.08/28/2015 - 8:29am
MattsworknameMika was always about being a show off and using her but to crush her foes, even back in the alpha days. They just took that and maxed it to the extreme, and I LOVE IT!!!!!08/28/2015 - 5:36am
IvresseJust saw R Mika trailer myself. I do like the inclusion of Vega as the punching bag, especially with that Stone Cold Stunner knocking his mask off....but that ultra move with his face between 4 buttcheeks...class! :-)08/28/2015 - 5:20am
MattsworknameOk, finally got a chance to look at the R mika trailer for SF 5, and I Heart her so bloody much. She just looks like pure fun to play as and is SO colorful. All the YES!08/28/2015 - 3:23am
PHX Corphttp://www.gamnesia.com/news/sony-is-disabling-users-from-archiving-their-ps4-livestreams-of-until-dawn Sony is Disabling Users from Archiving Their PS4 Livestreams of Until Dawn08/27/2015 - 8:47pm
MattsworknameAndrew: SOrry I didnt get back, i went to bed before I saw your post. The Producer is listed as Arbitor36508/27/2015 - 6:06pm
Andrew EisenNope.08/27/2015 - 4:17pm
ZippyDSMleeDid you guys cover Fatal Frame 5 being nintendo Eshop only?08/27/2015 - 3:55pm
Big Perm120 bucks for a tetanus shot. Thanks Obama08/27/2015 - 3:01pm
Andrew EisenMatthew - Of course they do. I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Hell, Quiet's already been cosplayed quite a bit.08/27/2015 - 1:25pm
Big PermThere's been some pretty good Kill La Kill cosplay08/27/2015 - 12:56pm
Matthew WilsonI saw someone cosplay as the main charector from kill la kill last year at pax, so people do it.....08/27/2015 - 12:55pm
Andrew EisenPerm - Well yeah, Kojima himself said something along the lines of "Cosplay this, I dare you! No, seriously. Please cosplay this!" I was just wondering if there was an in-universe explanation.08/27/2015 - 12:45pm
Andrew EisenCheck out last week's story on The State of Play book for an updated cover and a list of all the authors and their essay titles! http://gamepolitics.com/2015/08/21/state-play-looks-current-state-video-games08/27/2015 - 12:44pm
Big PermI figured it was because titties are awesome08/27/2015 - 12:37pm
Andrew EisenI'm still waiting to see if any reviews spill the beans on the story reasons behind Quiet's goofy getup in Metal Gear Solid 508/27/2015 - 12:33pm
ZippyDSMleeHave you seen what the Deva wrestlers wear? Now lets get all that Japan only DLC for DOA over here, and DOA Volly ball,ect let the whining commence!08/27/2015 - 12:18pm