GAME-Backed Petition for R18+ Draws Huge Response

April 15, 2010 -

A pro R18+ petition sponsored by retailer GAME has garnered the signatures of over 72,000 Australians.

The company plans to present some of it findings to a Standing Committee of Attorneys-General meeting on May 7 reports GameSpot, though it’s unclear if the issue of R18+ will even be on the agenda of that gathering. GAME also plans to present the petition to Federal Home Affairs Minister Brendon O'Connor.

The petition, also sponsored by Everyone Plays, achieved the large number of supporters in only six weeks, and is on track to become the largest petition in Australian history, surpassing a 2005 petition for Work Choices that received 85,189 signatures.

A similar petition sponsored by EB Games and Grow Up Australia totaled over 46,000 signatures.

Thanks Ryan!

Comments

Re: GAME-Backed Petition for R18+ Draws Huge Response

Well i guess Atkinson was wrong. Hopefully this passes. i have some friends who got busted importing l4d2 and luckily they only got 2 days in jail for it.

Re: GAME-Backed Petition for R18+ Draws Huge Response

"i have some friends who got busted importing l4d2 and luckily they only got 2 days in jail for it."

I think the adverb you meant to use was "stupidly".

Saying that Jack Thompson is impotent is an insult to impotent men everywhere. They've got a whole assortment of drugs that can cure their condition; Jack, however...

Re: GAME-Backed Petition for R18+ Draws Huge Response

......... 2 days in jail for importaing a fucking video game!?!? SERIOUSLY!?!?!

Re: GAME-Backed Petition for R18+ Draws Huge Response

"and is on track to become the largest petition in Australian history,"

So what was that about no one caring about R18 Mr. Atkinson?

----------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------- Debates are like merry go rounds. Two people take their positions then they go through the same points over and over and over again. Then when it's over they have the same positions they started in.

Re: GAME-Backed Petition for R18+ Draws Huge Response

I think he just said that hoping those who are for it would give up and stop trying.

Re: GAME-Backed Petition for R18+ Draws Huge Response

Well, considering there's an AG who will hopefully listen now, this is good news.

Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenIf that's true, maybe she's willing to lose her tax exempt status by merchandising. So? Also not a problem with her Kickstarter. And no, I don't have to be a rep of FemFreq to point out how nonsensical, irrelevant and untrue all this nonsense is.01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenShe doesn't say it's not her footage and she never said she'd record all her own footage. So this isn't a problem. I doubt she's said anything like "no women or non white people are critics of mine." Regardless, nothing to do with her Kickstarter.01/31/2015 - 6:41pm