Italian Org Promotes and Defends Games

April 20, 2010 -

A relatively new Italian organization has been formed in order to defend and promote the legitimization of videogames as a medium of art, culture.

The Association of Interactive Multimedia Works (AIOMI) is headquartered in Rome and led by President Marco Accordi Rickards, who is said to have coined the term “conscious gamer,” which the AIOMI is based around.

A “conscious gamer” is defined as “one who makes use passionate, intelligent and informed of the videogame medium…. knows that the game is not only a form of entertainment, but also a means of artistic expression of thought, able to convey messages, ideas and emotions.”

This type of gamer differs from the casual or hardcore gamer because he or she is aware of the cultural background of videogames and feels pride over being part of such a “small elite” group.
AIOMI is seeking members in order to help it defend the rights of the Italian game industry and video games.

AIOMI appears to have been formed sometime in 2008. The embedded video is the organization’s latest marketing effort. Wonder if Roger Ebert would like it?

Comments

Re: Italian Org Promotes and Defends Games

The whole idea of being part of a "'small elite' group" seems a bit like they're trying to out-snob the art snobs, but I think their hearts are in the right place.

Re: Italian Org Promotes and Defends Games

Games can't be art. Games actually make you feel good. Art is only supposed to make you feel pompous.

MattsworknameBIG: how does that make sense?08/05/2015 - 12:18am
Big PermLenny Kravitz penis has been trending all day08/04/2015 - 11:45pm
MattsworknameSo far, Win 8 gave me nothing but problems08/04/2015 - 11:18pm
MattsworknameI;ll see what I can come up with tomarow08/04/2015 - 11:16pm
ZippyDSMleethose is the issue.08/04/2015 - 10:47pm
ZippyDSMleeOdd, even with admin? I have UAC turned off so I do not have to fuss with it too much, also in order to run FO3/NV you need DX,VC++ 010, mmm might try and download VC++ distro pack both 32 and 64bit from 8 to 2012 or so and isntall them see if one of thos08/04/2015 - 10:46pm
MattsworknameTried that 2 zippy, it still wouldn't work08/04/2015 - 10:43pm
ZippyDSMleeI have had to run NV in compatibility mode before. I have both FO3 and NV running fine with a bunch of mods on win8.108/04/2015 - 10:24pm
MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm