Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

May 3, 2010 -

The Florida House has passed SB 1752, the companion bill to HB 697 (which previously passed early last month), okaying legislation that would provide $242.0 million in tax incentives to film, television and digital media productions within the state over the next five years.

The measure passed the House 115-0 and is now just a pen stroke away from becoming law, which appears to be a mere formality, as Florida Governor Charlie Crist praised the bill, stating, “I applaud the Florida Legislature for supporting a bill that provides high-wage jobs for Floridians and aids in the diversification of Florida’s economy.”

Digital media producers within the state would be eligible for tax breaks of 20.0 percent. It’s expected that the legislation could induce up to $1.2 billion in direct spending within the Sunshine State.

The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) was also pleased with the bill. President and CEO Michael Gallagher said, “These incentives will help keep Florida competitive in the digital media marketplace, attracting and providing 21st Century jobs in our growing industry and boosting the state’s economy.”

It’s anticipated that applications for the new incentives will begin being accepted on June 7.

Comments

Re: Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

Re: Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

Okay, I'm sorry but it happened more than once so now I have to ask, is ".0" really necessary?
---
I'm not under the affluence of incohol as some thinkle peep I am. I'm not half as thunk as you might drink. I fool so feelish I don't know who is me, and the drunker I stand here, the longer I get.

---

Re: Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

Necessary? No. Does it hurt anything? no. Your point?

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

Does it hurt anything? Other than to diminish the chances anyone would think that the articles presented here are well-written, I guess not.

WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm
InfophileFor anyone still complaining about where the funding for Tropes vs. Women went: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z6qa561roidh5/femfreq_annualreport2014.pdf?dl=0 (page 16) Not that this will actually stop claims of fraud, but it's good to have a counter.01/24/2015 - 12:38pm
prh99Linux kernel patch breaks Witcher 2. Apparently it was a wrapped Windows version instead of native port. http://m.slashdot.org/story/21270301/24/2015 - 11:12am