UK XBL Users Select Clegg as New PM

May 5, 2010 -

Results from a political poll of Xbox Live users indicate a preference for the Liberal Democrat party in the UK elections, which kick off across the pond in about 12 hours or so.

Liberal Dem leader Nick Clegg (pictured) garnered over 30.0 percent of the Xbox Live vote reports Edge, easily outdistancing David Cameron and the Conservative Party (20.7 percent) and Gordon Brown’s Labour Party (17.6 percent). 31.3 percent of the XBL users were undecided.

The poll, conducted from April 29 through May 4, ended up with over 416,000 participants.

Microsoft Director of Xbox & Entertainment for the UK Stephen McGill stated, “…we believe our results provide a telling barometer of political attitudes amongst 18–30 year olds nationwide.”

A comparable poll on Facebook, via Channel 4’s blog, ended with similar rankings of the three parties—Liberal Dems grabbed 43.0 percent of the votes, versus 24.0 percent for Conservatives and 23.0 percent for the Labour Party.

An Xbox Live poll run stateside shortly before the 2008 U.S. Presidential Election effectively predicted the eventual winner: Barack Obama grabbed 43.0 percent of the online votes, while 31.0 percent went for John McCain.

Thanks beemoh!

Comments

Re: UK XBL Users Select Clegg as New PM

I take it that most of the voters must have been fans of fantasy games.

Re: UK XBL Users Select Clegg as New PM

The fans of the other genres were too busy to play the Halo:Reach Beta.

But seriously, i'm just wondering what the age demographic is for the results seeing as I don't really think that the majority are even old enough to vote yet.

Not being ageist or anything, i'm not old enough myself. But if that did turn out to be the majority then whoever wins might need to start thinking about that voting age...

Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm