Best Buy, Future US, Planning Game Mag

May 11, 2010 -

Kyle Orland reports via his The Game Beat Blog, that Best Buy and Future Publishing US are teaming up to create a game magazine exclusively for the electronic store chain. The magazine, which is being called "@Gamer," will be helmed by former IGN Editor in Chief Andy Eddy. Orland dug up the following tidbit from Eddy's profile on Facebook. It reads:

"I'm working at Future US in the Future Plus group on a new publication called @Gamer, the "official games magazine of Best Buy."

We hope to have more details on this magazine soon over at sister site GameCulture. Stay Tuned.

Posted in

Comments

Re: Best Buy, Future US, Planning Game Mag

Can't wait to see what this looks like. :)

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Best Buy, Future US, Planning Game Mag

Is this going to be like the advertisement ridden Gamestop trash publication they have at GS?

And in this day and age, we're not talking about a PRINT publication are we.......?

Re: Best Buy, Future US, Planning Game Mag

My thoughts exactly.  5 minutes on the web will yield more real information about a particular game than any print publication ever will; especially a Best Buy one.  Anyone who thinks this won't just be a giant advertisement is a fool.

Re: Best Buy, Future US, Planning Game Mag

This could be interesting. I hope its better then game informer.

Re: Best Buy, Future US, Planning Game Mag

I doubt it will be.

Re: Best Buy, Future US, Planning Game Mag

And I am sure they will tell you what to buy and what to like like most mags do....

Until lobbying is a hanging offense I choose anarchy! CP/IP laws should not effect the daily life of common people! http://zippydsmlee.wordpress.com/

---