Best Buy, Future US, Planning Game Mag

May 11, 2010 -

Kyle Orland reports via his The Game Beat Blog, that Best Buy and Future Publishing US are teaming up to create a game magazine exclusively for the electronic store chain. The magazine, which is being called "@Gamer," will be helmed by former IGN Editor in Chief Andy Eddy. Orland dug up the following tidbit from Eddy's profile on Facebook. It reads:

"I'm working at Future US in the Future Plus group on a new publication called @Gamer, the "official games magazine of Best Buy."

We hope to have more details on this magazine soon over at sister site GameCulture. Stay Tuned.

Posted in

Comments

Re: Best Buy, Future US, Planning Game Mag

Can't wait to see what this looks like. :)

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Best Buy, Future US, Planning Game Mag

Is this going to be like the advertisement ridden Gamestop trash publication they have at GS?

And in this day and age, we're not talking about a PRINT publication are we.......?

Re: Best Buy, Future US, Planning Game Mag

My thoughts exactly.  5 minutes on the web will yield more real information about a particular game than any print publication ever will; especially a Best Buy one.  Anyone who thinks this won't just be a giant advertisement is a fool.

Re: Best Buy, Future US, Planning Game Mag

This could be interesting. I hope its better then game informer.

Re: Best Buy, Future US, Planning Game Mag

I doubt it will be.

Re: Best Buy, Future US, Planning Game Mag

And I am sure they will tell you what to buy and what to like like most mags do....

Until lobbying is a hanging offense I choose anarchy! CP/IP laws should not effect the daily life of common people! http://zippydsmlee.wordpress.com/

---

Poll

Have you visited a video game arcade in the last year?:

MechaTama31I sure have. Dorky's barcade in Tacoma, WA.08/20/2014 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI have not been to a arcade in years. I know arcades are still big in japan.08/20/2014 - 5:38pm
Sleaker@AE - Ah no it's called GroundKontrol - I was just referring to it as a Bar-Arcade.08/20/2014 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenStill looking for confirmation that High Moon Studios (dev behind the PS3/360 versions) isn't working on it.08/20/2014 - 4:38pm
ZenGotcha.08/20/2014 - 4:37pm
Andrew EisenI already updated the story with it!08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
Zenhttp://www.gonintendo.com/s/235574-treyarch-isn-t-working-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-for-wii-u-either08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
ZenLet me send the link for the Tweet as well...they state Treyarch is not working on it. Grabbing it now.08/20/2014 - 4:34pm
Andrew EisenWhere does it say that "NO dev is working on it"?08/20/2014 - 4:33pm
ZenHere's the link for my last comment: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
ZenWell, Call of Duty is skipping Wii U completely it seems...they updated that NO dev is working on it. Great way to just skip a market.08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
Andrew EisenYeah, Dave and Busters back in 2011 was the last time for me.08/20/2014 - 4:16pm
ZenWell, I tried lol. We just got a Dave and Busters on the beach but haven't been there yet...may go this weekend.08/20/2014 - 3:52pm
Andrew EisenIt's called The Bar-Arcade? Missed opportunity. I would have gone with Barcade.08/20/2014 - 3:25pm
SleakerThe Bar-Arcade however did have a lot of good pinball machines, they were however always taken as the place was packed..08/20/2014 - 1:17pm
Sleakerso I've been to an Arcade-Bar, not that great of a place has some okay machines, but generally over-packed. And then all the kid-friendly ones have is ticket-games nothing actually good unfortunately :(08/20/2014 - 1:14pm
Andrew EisenIf it has an area dedicated to arcade machines, I'd say it counts. Arcade machine in your house though, nope.08/20/2014 - 12:16pm
ZenDoes it count if you have actual arcade machines in your house?08/20/2014 - 12:01pm
E. Zachary KnightWith the current poll, I guess it all depends on how one defines "arcade". If Chuck E Cheese or similar multipurpose businesses count, then that is a yes for me.08/20/2014 - 11:59am
ZenLet the ax fall Sleaker...lessons MUST be learned...08/20/2014 - 11:44am