Iranian Game Targets Opposition Leaders

May 13, 2010 -

An Iranian blog is hosting a downloadable videogame that lets users blast away at the adversaries of President Mahmud Ahmadinejad’s regime.

Avatars in the game represent Iranian reformers, including Green Party leader (and former Prime Minister)  Mir Hossein Musavi, Etemad-e Melli party founder (and ex-Parliament Chairman) Mehdi Karrubi and former Iranian President Mohammad Khatami.

The title of the game is “Fighting the Leaders of Sedition.” Radio Free Europe notes that “Sedition is a term used by hard-liners and government officials to describe the street protests after the reelection of President Ahmadinejad.”

It’s unknown who created the game, but RFE reports that “Several Iranian news websites, including “Kharabonline” and “Aftabnews,” are reporting that copies have been distributed in some cities in Iran’s Isfahan Province.”

Comments

Re: Iranian Game Targets Opposition Leaders

Bloody students, I bet.

Needless to say, it's crazy how it's usually the opposite in other countries (I'd say just Western ones but surely it's the rest of the world - aside probably China and North Korea).

Matthew Wilsonhttp://reason.com/archives/2015/04/09/the-dmca-chill-factor this is why the dmca should be changed or gotten rid off.04/26/2015 - 6:41pm
PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm