Gameloft Shifts Policy on Android Game Store

June 1, 2010 -

You may remember our recent story on Gameloft's horrible policy regard Android games (one time purchase with no chance of getting a new copy of the game if something should go awry with the data on your Android device); Well apparently public scrutiny of that policy has caused Gameloft to  adjust its position. Gameloft has announced that its policy regarding Android HD+ games sold through its store has been changed to allow customers to re-download a game that they have already paid for.

Gameloft’s original policy did not allow consumers to re-download games they already purchased through the website for any Android device regardless of the reason. If you had data problems or upgraded your phone, you would not be able to re-install the games you have purchased from Gameloft. Instead you would have to re-purchase those games or go without.

Gameloft says that these changes will take some time to implement.

Source: Android Police

Posted in

Comments

Re: Gameloft Shifts Policy on Android Game Store

thank you for making these changes Gameloft.

Re: Gameloft Shifts Policy on Android Game Store

Nothing like a good public shaming to get a company to change anti-consumer policies.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: Gameloft Shifts Policy on Android Game Store

Sounds to me more like Gamelofts development team are lazy to the point that they tried to "policy" their way out of doing good coding work.

Re: Gameloft Shifts Policy on Android Game Store

sanity, is it really that hard to implement?

---