Help Charities by Selling Used Games Online

June 10, 2010 -

Glyde is a recently launched online marketplace which bills itself as a “safe, simple and accessible” way to buy or sell used media. Thanks to a new initiative, it now makes donating to 501(c)(3) charities very simple as well.

To sell a used book, game, movie or CD and donate all, or a portion of the selling price, to charity, simply list the item and choose a charity. After the item sells, Glyde will ship you a pre-addressed and pre-paid mailer for the item. Just drop it in the mail and that’s that. Glyde will take a 10% cut and recoup the cost of the pre-paid packaging as well.

Once the buyer receives the item, the donated funds will be sent to the charity of the seller’s choice. Glyde has stores set that will benefit the Red Cross (which has Going Rogue for only $3.50!), Reading is Fundamental, the Children’s Health Fund, the Accelerated Cure Project and the Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo.

“Doing good has never been so easy,” said Simon Rothman, CEO of Glyde. “We know that gamers have big hearts and we’ve created a painless way to turn the stuff they don't want into cash for charities.”

Comments

Re: Help Charities by Selling Used Games Online

I've sold about 5 ps3 games on this page and purchased 1 wii game and so far its been a pretty good deal. You get more than you would at gamestop.

Re: Help Charities by Selling Used Games Online

Glyde.  Sounds like a line of personal lubricants* but it's not.

Turns out it's a distributer of personal lubricants.  It's also a brand of vegan condoms.

Andrew Eisen