Help Charities by Selling Used Games Online

June 10, 2010 -

Glyde is a recently launched online marketplace which bills itself as a “safe, simple and accessible” way to buy or sell used media. Thanks to a new initiative, it now makes donating to 501(c)(3) charities very simple as well.

To sell a used book, game, movie or CD and donate all, or a portion of the selling price, to charity, simply list the item and choose a charity. After the item sells, Glyde will ship you a pre-addressed and pre-paid mailer for the item. Just drop it in the mail and that’s that. Glyde will take a 10% cut and recoup the cost of the pre-paid packaging as well.

Once the buyer receives the item, the donated funds will be sent to the charity of the seller’s choice. Glyde has stores set that will benefit the Red Cross (which has Going Rogue for only $3.50!), Reading is Fundamental, the Children’s Health Fund, the Accelerated Cure Project and the Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo.

“Doing good has never been so easy,” said Simon Rothman, CEO of Glyde. “We know that gamers have big hearts and we’ve created a painless way to turn the stuff they don't want into cash for charities.”

Comments

Re: Help Charities by Selling Used Games Online

I've sold about 5 ps3 games on this page and purchased 1 wii game and so far its been a pretty good deal. You get more than you would at gamestop.

Re: Help Charities by Selling Used Games Online

Glyde.  Sounds like a line of personal lubricants* but it's not.

Turns out it's a distributer of personal lubricants.  It's also a brand of vegan condoms.

Andrew Eisen

*That would be ID Glide.

Poll

Have you visited a video game arcade in the last year?:

james_fudgeThere aren't many left in America08/21/2014 - 1:50am
MechaTama31I sure have. Dorky's barcade in Tacoma, WA.08/20/2014 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI have not been to a arcade in years. I know arcades are still big in japan.08/20/2014 - 5:38pm
Sleaker@AE - Ah no it's called GroundKontrol - I was just referring to it as a Bar-Arcade.08/20/2014 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenStill looking for confirmation that High Moon Studios (dev behind the PS3/360 versions) isn't working on it.08/20/2014 - 4:38pm
ZenGotcha.08/20/2014 - 4:37pm
Andrew EisenI already updated the story with it!08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
Zenhttp://www.gonintendo.com/s/235574-treyarch-isn-t-working-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-for-wii-u-either08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
ZenLet me send the link for the Tweet as well...they state Treyarch is not working on it. Grabbing it now.08/20/2014 - 4:34pm
Andrew EisenWhere does it say that "NO dev is working on it"?08/20/2014 - 4:33pm
ZenHere's the link for my last comment: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
ZenWell, Call of Duty is skipping Wii U completely it seems...they updated that NO dev is working on it. Great way to just skip a market.08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
Andrew EisenYeah, Dave and Busters back in 2011 was the last time for me.08/20/2014 - 4:16pm
ZenWell, I tried lol. We just got a Dave and Busters on the beach but haven't been there yet...may go this weekend.08/20/2014 - 3:52pm
Andrew EisenIt's called The Bar-Arcade? Missed opportunity. I would have gone with Barcade.08/20/2014 - 3:25pm
SleakerThe Bar-Arcade however did have a lot of good pinball machines, they were however always taken as the place was packed..08/20/2014 - 1:17pm
Sleakerso I've been to an Arcade-Bar, not that great of a place has some okay machines, but generally over-packed. And then all the kid-friendly ones have is ticket-games nothing actually good unfortunately :(08/20/2014 - 1:14pm
Andrew EisenIf it has an area dedicated to arcade machines, I'd say it counts. Arcade machine in your house though, nope.08/20/2014 - 12:16pm
ZenDoes it count if you have actual arcade machines in your house?08/20/2014 - 12:01pm
E. Zachary KnightWith the current poll, I guess it all depends on how one defines "arcade". If Chuck E Cheese or similar multipurpose businesses count, then that is a yes for me.08/20/2014 - 11:59am