Super Mario: BP Oil Spill Edition

June 10, 2010 -

Comments

Re: Super Mario: BP Oil Spill Edition

Can't wait till the take downs and C&Ds start flying.....

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: Super Mario: BP Oil Spill Edition

From who?

Andrew Eisen

Re: Super Mario: BP Oil Spill Edition

BP of course.

Someone made a joke Twitter account lampooning BP and BP threatened to sue if the user wasn't banned.

Re: Super Mario: BP Oil Spill Edition

If anyone has grounds to sue it would be Nintendo. Because the artist used Nintendo's art assets without permission. But considering this is a short video combined with political commentary, it would be a pretty good case for Fair Use and I don't think Nintendo would sue over it.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: Super Mario: BP Oil Spill Edition

If that were the case Nintendo could sue half the internet.

Re: Super Mario: BP Oil Spill Edition

Hadn't heard about that so I can't comment but while BP could threaten to sue over this video, they really have no gounds to do so as far as I can see.

Andrew Eisen

Re: Super Mario: BP Oil Spill Edition

Tarnishment perhaps but it's a long-shot

www.gameslaw.net

Poll

Will limiting Steam services to accounts that have spent at least $5 eliminate spammers?:

Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm
Andrew EisenGreat, but that STILL doesn't tell me what she said, why she was attacked (or what the attack was) or what "standard line" she's following. Details, man. Details!04/24/2015 - 3:25pm
Andrew EisenOr what the heck Nina White (someone else I've never heard of) is actually referring to.04/24/2015 - 3:24pm
Matthew Wilson@AE she is a game dev. she used to do stuff with hormanix and now works with https://outact.net/#!/?page_id=2 she will often engage and debate both side.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm
Andrew Eisen...following.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm
Andrew EisenYou mean focus on stopping the bad behavior of those who are doing it rather than condemning all the people that associate with them? Great. But I still don't know who Emma Clarkson is, what she said, why she was attacked or what "standard line" she's04/24/2015 - 3:23pm