Happy 4th of July!

July 2, 2010 -

The staff at Game Politics would like to wish our readers a safe, happy and healthy Independence Day. The coverage we provide here is rooted in protecting the freedoms we currently have as gamers and consumers, so we find this particular holiday compelling and important. We also enjoy the occasional steak, burger, hotdog, beer, soda and late night fireworks.

We hope that you will indulge in these things as well and be thankful for the freedoms all of are afforded under the constitution. We just wish more politicians and activists that stand against the things we find important would see things our way, but I suppose that is one of the reasons why celebrating independence and freedom of speech is so great. Game Politics is certainly about voices being heard; it is one of the few websites on the internet that brings together all kinds of people with all kinds of belief systems and political leanings to discuss issues we all think are important - and usually in a civilized fashion.

For that I am personally thankful, as hokey as all of that sounds.

Posted in

Comments

Re: Happy 4th of July!

I know it's a little late, but Happy Birthday USA.

Re: Happy 4th of July!

From Canada, we wish a happy 4th of July to our Southern Neighbours :)

Re: Happy 4th of July!

From Minnesota, I say Thank You.

Happy Birthday, America!

---

With the first link, the chain is forged.

--- With the first link, the chain is forged.

Re: Happy 4th of July!

Re: Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July to everyone! :D Thank you GamePolitics! Everyone be safe.

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Happy 4th of July!

Always remember the day that men took a stand against a tyranical regime that oppressed and bullied thier families and friends until they cried out they have had enough! Against incredible odds, with unlikely alliances, and with sheer determination a land of inexperienced and downtrodden common men took their freedom from those that would hinder it. May we never have to do so again.

Cheers, and happy 4th.

"

Re: Happy 4th of July!

Yeah, that tyrannical regime that oppressed and bullied families with what was probably the most easygoing and responsive government of its age - a government that placed a tax burden on the average American colonist that was far less than most Europeans had to pay.

Yeah, the colonists really had it rough. As for Americans 'taking their freedom', I thought the French gave it to them. If it had been left to the colonists under their incompetent generals, America would still be British.

Tyrannical regime - give me a freaking break! Britain was a constitutional monarchy in 1776, just as it is today. If Britain was a 'tyrannical regime' in 1776, then so was the US a few years later. After all, it's not as if the US actually gave commoners the right to vote - that came decades later, at about the same time that those British 'tyrants' gave the same rights to the common folk in Britain.

Nevertheless, Happy 4th all. I just wish people would drop all that 'tyranny' nonsense.

Re: Happy 4th of July!

Your right, Benny.

The government was really quite fair and the colonists didn't accomplish much, it was really France doing everything.

I feel ashamed to have even tried to give recognition to the founding fathers and colonists who died obviously silly deaths for no reason.

The 'sacrifice' made by men and women during those times were pointless. Thanks for taking time out of your day to correct my line of reasoning. It was obviously flawed of me to think that my country was worth respect on its birthday.

"

Re: Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th.

Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm
InfophileFor anyone still complaining about where the funding for Tropes vs. Women went: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z6qa561roidh5/femfreq_annualreport2014.pdf?dl=0 (page 16) Not that this will actually stop claims of fraud, but it's good to have a counter.01/24/2015 - 12:38pm