California Labor Federation-backed Game Mocks Whitman

July 15, 2010 -

The California Labor Federation is obviously not backing California Gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman (R).

The organization has setup a website, complete with Flash game, in order to illustrate what it calls “the pattern of economic destruction Whitman has left behind as she got rich the Wall Street way over the last 20 years.”

The game featured on WallStreetWhitman.com takes players through Whitman’s stops at Stride Rite, Florist Transworld Delivery (FTD), Hasbro, eBay and Goldman Sachs and lets users fire and lay off workers. While at Goldman Sachs, the game’s focus turns to forcing home foreclosures.

In a statement, California Labor Federation Executive Secretary-treasurer Art Pulaski said, “The record shows that Whitman is a one-person weapon of mass job destruction. By attempting to buy the California governor’s office, Whitman wants to take her game to the next level, but we can’t forget there are real lives at stake with every job she cuts, outsources or downsizes.”

The California Labor Federation consists of over 1,200 AFL-CIO and Change to Win unions, representing over 2.1 million members.

Whitman’s campaign hasn’t been idle though; it set up the website JerryFails.com in order to mock her foe this fall, ex-Governor Jerry Brown (D). The site claims that Brown’s “failure follows him everywhere,” and features outtakes from a radio talk show Brown used to host in the 1990s in order to share his “very strange views.”

Comments

Re: California Labor Federation-backed Game Mocks Whitman

Love the MIDI music. *Dances to it*