Kane & Lynch 2 to Use Steamworks for DRM

July 26, 2010 -

The PC version of Kane & Lynch 2 will use Steameworks for DRM, according to Eidos. A PC demo of the sequel that managed to get Giant Bomb founder Jeff Gerstmann fired when he worked at Gamespot is also available at a 10 percent discount via the Steam discount program. Because the game supports Steamworks don't expect to find it on Stardock's Impulse if that's your distribution platform of choice - Stardock won't support any game going forward that requires the use of third-party software.

Kane & Lynch 2 , like other games that use Steamworks, requires the use of the Steam client, which provides DRM protection, along with multiplayer matchmaking, achievements, stats, and leaderboards. The game will be released on August 17 in North America and on August 20 in Europe. The game will be available on those dates for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Source: Shacknews

Posted in

Comments

Re: Kane & Lynch 2 to Use Steamworks for DRM

I was kind of hope for this to use Game for Windows Live, but its okay since steam is still better then GFWL.

Re: Kane & Lynch 2 to Use Steamworks for DRM

Here's what Games for Windows Live does.  I have a friend playing Batman in my bedroom and I go into my living room with a friend.  We boot up my 360 and play raiden Fighter Aces.  My friend comes from my bedroom and bitches that the game just shut down mid battle because my 360 logged into my account.  Screw games for windows.

Wall of Text Simulation- Insert coin to continue.

Wall of Text Simulation- Insert coin to continue.

Re: Kane & Lynch 2 to Use Steamworks for DRM

now I am a fan of microsoft and all but why in hell would anyone wish for gfwl?

it is horrible (I blame marketting people, the software is pretty nice but teh stupid rules and restrictions are stupid)

Re: Kane & Lynch 2 to Use Steamworks for DRM

I am hoping that the putrescent pile of poorly working bloatware that microsoft summoned into existance through some occult ritual to annoy the shit out of pc gamers is not included in or anywhere near any game\product\satanic ritual ever again.

The difference between steam and gfwl is that steam work well enough, is useable and doesn't destroy peoples souls

But that's just my thoughts on the matter

Re: Kane & Lynch 2 to Use Steamworks for DRM

Forgot to mentio nthat Steam supports modding, if it's a game that can be modded and added to.

Poll

Who's responsible for crappy Netflix performance on Verizon?:

MaskedPixelanteIf by "distance themselves from Google Plus" you mean "forcing Google Plus integration in everything", then yes, they are distancing themselves from Google Plus.07/26/2014 - 12:20pm
MechaTama31I wish they would distance G+ from the Play Store, so I could leave reviews and comments again.07/26/2014 - 11:03am
Papa MidnightGoogle+ Integration is coming to Twitch!07/25/2014 - 8:41pm