ECA General Counsel Admitted to SCOTUS Bar

August 10, 2010 -

Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA) Vice President and General Counsel Jennifer Mercurio has gained admission to the U.S. Supreme Court Bar and can now, should the need arise, appeal or argue any case in front of the nation’s highest court.

ECA President Hal Halpin on Mercurio’s admittance, “We couldn't be happier or more proud that Jenn was admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court Bar. The timing of her admittance is critical and this landmark First Amendment case so consequential, and the potential negative repercussions of a loss so staggering, that we must all redouble our efforts.”

Mercurio is spearheading the ECA's efforts related to the association's official amicus brief ("friend of the court" document) for the Court in the upcoming violence in video games case, Schwarzenegger v. EMA.

Disclosure: GamePolitics is a publication of the ECA.

That being said, congrats Jenn!

Comments

Re: ECA General Counsel Admitted to SCOTUS Bar

Good luck to ya Mercurio!!

At this point its feels like "the more the merrier" for both sides, and it would be interesting how many amicus briefs have been filed in total to this case.

Re: ECA General Counsel Admitted to SCOTUS Bar

Approx 20 Amci Briefs for EMA/ESA's Side According to EMA

Watching JT on GP is just like watching an episode of Jerry springer only as funny as the fights

America has just became its own version of the Jerry Springer Show after a bizarre moment in Florida involving a carnival worker.

Re: ECA General Counsel Admitted to SCOTUS Bar

I don't believe the Supreme Court ruling can go any way but in our favor but having said that, do us proud, Mercurio!

Andrew Eisen