The Daily Show on Google and Net Neutrality

August 18, 2010 -

While public and private interest groups alike have skewered Google’s apparent Net Neutrality pact with Verizon, now the search giant has fallen victim to an attack by Comedy Central’s The Daily Show

To sum up Jon Stewart’s take on the matter, Google has gone from stating that “Net Neutrality will allow new Googles and Amazons to form,” to “NET NEUTRALITY WILL ALLOW NEW GOOGLES AND AMAZONS TO FORM!”

More form Stewart, “Google doesn’t get to write laws! They just photograph and post where everybody lives and republish every book ever written and negotiate with the Chinese government while building floating data centers in the ocean.”

Stewart also has a little fun with the protestors who lined up at Google's headquarters to make their voice heard.

Still a little strange to see a former media darling get bashed in the press.

Comments

Re: The Daily Show on Google and Net Neutrality

"Still a little strange to see a former media darling get bashed in the press."

Yeah, that's a pretty strange occurrence.  It would be weird if that happened with Microsoft.  I mean Amazon.  I mean Apple.  I mean Sony.  I mean Toyota.  I mean Merrill Lynch.  I mean Enron.  I mean Lindsay Lohan.  I mean...uh...Betty White?  The media haven't turned on her yet, right?

Re: The Daily Show on Google and Net Neutrality

The video's broken for me.  Hopefully nobody else is having the same problem.

At least I got to see it last night.

Re: The Daily Show on Google and Net Neutrality

It might be the site.  I can not watch the episode at all via the normal feed.

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm