The WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 Used Game Surpise

August 20, 2010 -

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 hits stores October 26 but it has a little surprise for those that buy the game used: a $10 fee to play online and get the additional DLC. Like UFC Undisputed 2010, the next WWE SmackDown vs. Raw game will charge consumers who buy the game used a small fee to play the online content. Those consumers who buy the game new will be able to use an enclosed code to jump onto online and experience the extra content for free.

The package will offer online access, and some free DLC which includes playable characters Chris Masters, Rey Mysterio in a special "Dia de los Muertos" Halloween costume and WWE Diva Kelly Kelly in a "Devil" Halloween costume. The same features will be available to second hand game owners for 800 Microsoft Points or $9.99 via the PlayStation Network.

Source: MTV Multiplayer

Comments

Re: The WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 Used Game Surpise

Not buying it. I don't play online but that's not the point. if I wanted to use it I woudln't want to pay ten dollars to do so.

Re: The WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 Used Game Surpise

Online play should NEVER be considered "DLC" that can be charged for beyond already purchasing the title, whether new or used.

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

prh99I am sure. Just have no interest in tropes in general or her take on gender portrayal.01/27/2015 - 7:44pm
Goth_SkunkI personally enjoy replacing letters with numbers in titles of movies and games. I think Firaxis missed out on a huge chuckle by calling it "Civilization V" and not "CiVilization."01/27/2015 - 7:20pm
Andrew EisenI bet I can guess how you voted!01/27/2015 - 7:02pm
prh99Never actually watched one, probably won't start.01/27/2015 - 6:15pm
E. Zachary KnightConster, when are unrealistic stretch goal demands anything new? They happen in every Kickstarter I have seen.01/27/2015 - 5:58pm
E. Zachary KnightAE: You forgot the "The video that conforms to my preconceived ideas about gender in games" option.01/27/2015 - 5:56pm
PHX Corp@Conster ok, randomly put 5 golden tickets into the boxes and anyone who gets a golden ticket gets to go and visit Willy Wonka's chocolate factory!, is a ultra-ridiculous stretch goal suggested by a backer01/27/2015 - 5:53pm
ConsterApparently they're unaware that unlike with video games, card games have a large constant factor in cost-per-unit.01/27/2015 - 5:24pm
ConsterIn other news, Exploding Kittens (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elanlee/exploding-kittens) has over 100k backers now, a few of which are calling for unrealistic stretch goals.01/27/2015 - 5:23pm
ConsterIt's cool in Numb3rs, but not really anywhere else.01/27/2015 - 5:20pm
james_fudgeI hate that style of naming too01/27/2015 - 4:34pm
Wonderkarpits unattractive, andrew01/27/2015 - 3:46pm
Andrew EisenFant4stic. Ugh, they're doing the "replace a letter with a number" thing. I hate that. Does anyone think that's cool or attractive? Anyone at all?01/27/2015 - 1:56pm
IvresseEh, trailer's still better than all the Fantastic Four movies combined, tbh...01/27/2015 - 12:45pm
Matthew WilsonIt will never happen, but I wish fox would sell the rights back to disney.01/27/2015 - 11:05am
E. Zachary KnightWell, they went with whimsical and carefree for the first two and they bombed, so now they have swung the pendulum all the way in the other direction hoping it works.01/27/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenIt's like Fox is trying to scare us off.01/27/2015 - 10:57am
Andrew EisenMaybe I'm just a curmudgeon but this is so amazingly the wrong tone for the Fantastic Four. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BVs-KCSiA01/27/2015 - 10:53am
ConsterSince the ads are in the USA, you're technically correct. Personally, though, I feel the same way as you but in the opposite order: while the ads were legal and the defacing isn't, I really appreciate the sentiment.01/27/2015 - 8:21am
MechaTama31I appreciate the sentiment of the Ms Marvel thing, but defacing *is* still defacing, and free speech is a license to spread hate, if that's really what you want to do with it.01/27/2015 - 7:42am