The Dumbest Survey Ever

August 24, 2010 -

While you can probably guess what mobile companies would say when asked what they think of net neutrality, The Globe and Mail decided to ask them anyway, as part of an international survey. The results? Mobile companies are *gasp* against net neutrality. Shocking, right?

The survey, conducted by Law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer for the Globe and Mail, asked international mobile executives what they thought of mobile net neutrality. Fifty-five percent of those surveyed said that they would like to "break away from fixed line and mobile net neutrality."

Respondents also indicated that legal loopholes in the existing system need to be fixed before different types of data can be identified and treated appropriately. Basically the mobile industry highlighted in the survey have no problem charging content providers for giving priority to data.

"The survey responses indicate that the greater the bandwidth used by a particular app or user, that’s when it would merit a different fee structure. [Traffic] prioritization is likely to be looked at very closely by regulators," said Natasha Good, a partner with the law firm.

Source: Globe and Mail by way of ITProPortal Staff

Comments

Re: The Dumbest Survey Ever

Cue the usual suspects claiming there's no evidence whatsoever that telecoms will introduce tiered pricing structures if net neutrality isn't passed into law.

PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm
PHX Corpand now it's ready to go for everyone08/31/2015 - 9:35pm
Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm
Andrew EisenGP Movie Night!08/31/2015 - 8:41pm
Big PermEveyone should be too busy with phantom pain to notice GP is down. Hail Vidya!08/31/2015 - 8:40pm