Greenpeace Invades Ship Simulator Extremes

August 24, 2010 -

Game developer VSTEP is putting a special Greenpeace campaign in its upcoming ship simulation game, Ship Simulator Extremes. The Greenpeace campaign is what the company calls "one of three realistic campaigns" that will be featured in the game when it is released later this month.

The campaign lets players sail Greenpeace vessels like the Esperanza to confront various anti-environmental forces and evildoers including polluters who dump oil and illegal toxic waste into the ocean, whale hunting vessels and more. Players will also be able to take control of the Rainbow Warrior III a full year before its actual completion as well. Finally, the game will feature "nine historical Greenpeace missions" complete with full motion documentary footage and interviews with Greenpeace Captain Pete Wilcox as a reward.

For a sneak peek of the Greenpeace part of the game, check out this video. Ship Simulator Extremes will be released on August 27 at retail and through various digital distribution channels.

Comments

Re: Greenpeace Invades Ship Simulator Extremes

How about a game where Greenpeace makes brown people starve to death?  They like to dress in hazmat suits, invite the press, and then destroy acres of crops in 2nd-3rd world countries.  I'm sure all those brown people are happy to die so long as they know they won't be eating any genetically-modified crops or supporting synthetic fertilizers!  Greenpeace FTW!

The potential for sequels is there too- since so much of the developing world depends on modern farm technology for food (synthetic fertilizer and engineered crops), there are plenty of crops to destroy and misguided brown people for Greenpeace to let starve to death.

Re: Greenpeace Invades Ship Simulator Extremes

What are you talking about?

Re: Greenpeace Invades Ship Simulator Extremes

Greenpeace opposes the use of modern farm technology and has even gone so far as to destroy crops themselves (for the press).  Most of the developing world is fed only due to modern agriculture.  However, these white-boys with dreadlocks & bongos are more concerned with some kind of arbitrary anti-corporate philosophy than the needs of the starving people of the developing world.  Hence, Greenpeace is a racist organization.

Re: Greenpeace Invades Ship Simulator Extremes

Greenpeace was destroying open-air crop tests in the UK at one point, with the idea that such tests would (by their nature) contaminate other local crops since you would get cross polination.

Which kinda makes sense since they were tests that if everything is ok, no problem, but if they found issues with the crop, it would be too late since the nature of the test allowed the crop to spread into the wild and thus would be mixing with food crops.

That being said, while I can kinda follow their logic, I think their fear is annoyingly overblown.  However, no one starved because of these actions.. they were small scale tests designed for research and getting approvals.  I doubt any of the test fields had any food go into the general supply (since it was not approved for even animal consumption yet).

Re: Greenpeace Invades Ship Simulator Extremes

Well, at least it's not those Sea Shepherd douchebags...

Re: Greenpeace Invades Ship Simulator Extremes

I was thinking something similiar.  Greenpeace.. while I do not always agree with them.. I can respect.  The Sea Shepherds... way to take a noble cause (and crime) and turn it into a joke....

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm