TIGA to Open Membership Doors Wider

August 31, 2010 -

Previously only open to membership for corporations or institutions, UK game industry group TIGA will launch the ability for individual game industry employees to join its ranks this fall.

Those working in the games industry will be allowed to join TIGA at that time, including students, freelancers and contractors. Members will receive access to TIGA’s discount platform, network events, seminars and career counseling.

TIGA Chief Dr. Richard Wilson stated, “TIGA wants to help both aspiring games developers and those already working in the industry to fulfill their career ambitions.”

He added, “We intend to support the next wave of creative individuals and successful interactive companies in the UK. Further details will be announced when the service launches later this year.”

Comments

Re: TIGA to Open Membership Doors Wider

I wonder what affect this will have on the IGDA in the UK. There are a number of IGDA chapters in the UK.

E. Zachary Knight