Iran Launches Anti-Israeli Games

September 2, 2010 -

The student arm of Basij, Iran’s paramilitary volunteer militia, has released a pair of new games that center on “crimes” of the “Zionist” Israeli regime.

One such game is called Assault on Freedom Convoy, which concerns the May 31st Israeli commando raid on activists trying to slip though a Gaza naval blockade. That action left nine Turkish activists dead. According to the Times of India, the game was described by Basijis as bringing to light the “crimes of the Zionist regime during the attack on the flotilla.”

The second game is called Devil Den 2, but no description of the game was offered.

Mohammad Reza Jokar, billed as the head of the Basij student organization, explained the use of games as a political tool, saying, “The young generation must find out about the Zionist regime and since video games enjoy large audiences, they were unveiled ahead of Quds Day.”

Quds Day is described as a “pro-Palestinian day of protest,” designed for “Demonstrations against the State of Israel, and its control of Jerusalem.”

GP: Poking around the Basij website looking for an announcement of the game, and more details on Devil Den 2, we came across a notice that registration for Internet jihad camps had kicked off. If one of your GP editors is snatched up by the government in the middle of the night, that might be one reason why.

Comments

Re: Iran Launches Anti-Israeli Games

Can't wait to see Israel stop being nice to these animals.

Re: Iran Launches Anti-Israeli Games

Didn't they already launch anti-Israeli games a few years ago?  I seem to remember something about that.  Whatever floats their boat I guess.

Re: Iran Launches Anti-Israeli Games

Why is the word "Zionist" above in quotes? Israel owes its existence to Zionism and still gives preferential treatment to Jews who wish to settle there. The question of "crimes" is debatable, but I don't see how Israel could be described as anything other than Zionist.

Re: Iran Launches Anti-Israeli Games

Because "Zionist" is often used as a derogatory comment.

Pwnage of Empires Xbox 360 Indie RTS

Re: Iran Launches Anti-Israeli Games

So the quotes are there out of political correctness?

Re: Iran Launches Anti-Israeli Games

So first comes the anti-Islam game from Austria, now it's Anti-Israel game from Iran.  What's next?

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

Matthew Wilson@AE I think he means both.03/26/2015 - 9:23pm
Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am