Another ACTA Draft Document Leaked Online

September 7, 2010 -

Oops! Another series of secret ACTA meetings, another leak. According to a PC World report, the latest ACTA draft coming out of a series of meetings in Washington D.C. in August, has been leaked. The leaked document can be found at www.keionline.org.

So what changes did the meeting bring to the latest ACTA draft? According to PC World, the document now contains a preamble where all parties layout the fundamental broad principles that will address the problems on copyright infringement.

That preamble reads (in part):

"..to address the problem of copyright or related rights infringement which takes place by means of digital networks in a manner that balances the rights of the relevant right holders, online service providers and users of those networks."

But then things get weird. A footnote within the document warns that negotiators will modify this paragraph later to conform with the "agreed text" of Article 2.18, "Enforcement in the Digital Environment."

The text published by KEI is dated Aug. 25, and is purported to be the negotiating draft of the treaty agreed to behind closed doors in a series of meetings held in Washington, D.C., last month.

Go read the draft document and see how things are shaping up - apparently there are a lot of notes and brackets within that would lead one to believe that there is still a lot of unsettled business to attend to.

Source: PC World

Posted in

Comments

Re: Another ACTA Draft Document Leaked Online

I hope ACTA never get finishes. That treaty is not what the internet needs.

PHX Corp@Jessy I actually saw it on gamespot, seems that Nintendo accidently turned Samus into a Badass11/23/2014 - 9:28pm
Jessy HartAnybody else see the Samus Amiibo with 2 arm canons?11/23/2014 - 9:10pm
Andrew EisenNeo - If you're not bleeding then it's probably not you who needs to go to the doctor.11/23/2014 - 5:45pm
Wonderkarpgood. that kind of behavior is unnecessary.11/23/2014 - 5:44pm
WonderkarpGeorgina Young - Are Video Games Sexist? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX9LV4GuG9E11/23/2014 - 5:43pm
ZippyDSMleehttp://deadspin.com/starcraft-player-says-hell-rape-opponent-is-booted-f-1662346891/+Fahey11/23/2014 - 5:40pm
Wonderkarphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4a9tMGSTG411/23/2014 - 5:32pm
WonderkarpDan Vavra of Warhorse Studios at the Nordic eCommerce Summit 2014 on Game Journalism and why ethics are important11/23/2014 - 5:27pm
WonderkarpGame Dev Ashley Ross on the Block/Blacklist https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2n603f/thoughts_on_the_recent_igdaggautoblocker_incident/11/23/2014 - 5:25pm
Wonderkarpwhich is interesting cause this the first one 100% made by 2k games after the THQ buy11/23/2014 - 4:17pm
Neo_DrKefkaThat would be a major OSHA violation correct?11/23/2014 - 1:54pm