Baseball Player Wants His Halo

September 14, 2010 -

A Chicago White Sox player was so excited about the release of Halo: Reach that he stood in a line at a Chicago store waiting for the midnight release.

Brent Lillibridge, a second baseman for the Sox, tweeted from his place in line that he was channeling his inner nerd, according to a story on ESPN:

"Most important night of the year Halo coming out at 12 tonight and yes I'm in a line to get it... Jokes please," Lillibridge tweeted at approximately 11 p.m. (CT) Monday.

Needless to say, teammate Mark Teahan wasn't amused and responded with his own tweet:

"Brent, get to bed. Take Gavin, Thornton & Putz with you. Halo will survive the night without you," Teahen tweeted, referring to pitchers Gavin Floyd, Matt Thornton and J.J. Putz.

Lillibridge was unfazed:

"I promise I'll be in bed early 2nite Noone wants to win more than I do. As much as I luv playing bball I have a lot of nerd in me," Lillibridge tweeted.

He later tweeted to fans that he got plenty of sleep in time for tonight's game against the Twins.

Comments

Re: Baseball Player Wants His Halo

The definition of Politics must be getting wider.

Re: Baseball Player Wants His Halo

You know, I never thought I'd see trolling on GP.

There are plenty of political articles, and the flavor is interesting. Please take your negativity elsewhere.

Re: Baseball Player Wants His Halo

1) This isn't trolling, the republican bullshit employed by a certain unnamed commenter might qualify though.

2) I've been commenting on GP since before you needed to have an account to comment. You however appear to be quite new. Have a nice day.

Re: Baseball Player Wants His Halo

FYI, "unfazed", not "unphased".

Poll

Will Code Avarice's Paranautical Activity make its way back onto Steam?:

Matthew Wilsonyou guys know he doesnt work foe ea anymore?10/22/2014 - 5:02pm
WymorenceYou forgot having to open Unity through Origin too. :p10/22/2014 - 4:37pm
MaskedPixelanteUnity will now be licensed out half finished, with remaining tools to be sold back to you for 10-15 dollars a piece.10/22/2014 - 3:23pm
E. Zachary KnightNot a big fan of this news, but Unity3D's CEO is stepping down and John Riccitiello steps up. http://gamasutra.com/view/news/228384/Helgason_steps_down_as_Unity_CEO_and_John_Riccitiello_steps_up.php10/22/2014 - 3:06pm
MaskedPixelanteIt's probably extremism.10/22/2014 - 12:07pm
Matthew Wilsonthat being said, they are more likely to blame religious extremists than games.10/22/2014 - 12:01pm
Matthew Wilsonlets just hope they dont try to blame video games.10/22/2014 - 12:00pm
MaskedPixelanteOh joy, Ottawa's on lockdown, this is going to be a fun couple of days...10/22/2014 - 11:56am
MaskedPixelanteAnyone have any good text replacement scripts? I want one that can censor out Breitbart links.10/22/2014 - 11:35am
james_fudgeMilo and I are not BFFs. I tried, man!10/22/2014 - 11:33am
ZippyDSMleequiknkold:you too eh? 0-o10/22/2014 - 10:23am
Michael ChandraI don't like bullying anymore than you do, and yes, I think you're petty. Not commenting on the sob part, because I don't know your mother and don't see why I'd insult her.10/22/2014 - 10:02am
quiknkoldif that makes me petty, then I guess I'm one petty sob10/22/2014 - 8:48am
quiknkoldwell I'm sorry Conster, Having my skull smashed in when I was 14 made me skeptical to apologies when it comes to Bullying regardless of the platform its given. I guess Bullies beat the sympathy out of me.10/22/2014 - 8:47am
ConsterOn an unrelated note, I'm missing a "heck if I know" option on the poll.10/22/2014 - 8:33am
ConsterIf someone offends a bunch of people on twitter, they should apologize on twitter, and not accepting said apology because it's "only" on twitter is petty.10/22/2014 - 8:22am
BillThe first link is 4 days old, I didn't see it until today.10/22/2014 - 8:19am
BillJust posting them for the record since they have become part of the GG narrative.10/22/2014 - 8:17am
Billhttp://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/10/21/Incredibly-GamerGate-is-winning-but-you-won-t-read-that-anywhere-in-the-terrified-liberal-media10/22/2014 - 8:14am
BillOh yeah, http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/10/17/Supporting-GamerGate-Does-Not-Make-You-a-Bully10/22/2014 - 8:14am