Baseball Player Wants His Halo

September 14, 2010 -

A Chicago White Sox player was so excited about the release of Halo: Reach that he stood in a line at a Chicago store waiting for the midnight release.

Brent Lillibridge, a second baseman for the Sox, tweeted from his place in line that he was channeling his inner nerd, according to a story on ESPN:

"Most important night of the year Halo coming out at 12 tonight and yes I'm in a line to get it... Jokes please," Lillibridge tweeted at approximately 11 p.m. (CT) Monday.

Needless to say, teammate Mark Teahan wasn't amused and responded with his own tweet:

"Brent, get to bed. Take Gavin, Thornton & Putz with you. Halo will survive the night without you," Teahen tweeted, referring to pitchers Gavin Floyd, Matt Thornton and J.J. Putz.

Lillibridge was unfazed:

"I promise I'll be in bed early 2nite Noone wants to win more than I do. As much as I luv playing bball I have a lot of nerd in me," Lillibridge tweeted.

He later tweeted to fans that he got plenty of sleep in time for tonight's game against the Twins.

Comments

Re: Baseball Player Wants His Halo

The definition of Politics must be getting wider.

Re: Baseball Player Wants His Halo

You know, I never thought I'd see trolling on GP.

There are plenty of political articles, and the flavor is interesting. Please take your negativity elsewhere.

Re: Baseball Player Wants His Halo

1) This isn't trolling, the republican bullshit employed by a certain unnamed commenter might qualify though.

2) I've been commenting on GP since before you needed to have an account to comment. You however appear to be quite new. Have a nice day.

Re: Baseball Player Wants His Halo

FYI, "unfazed", not "unphased".

Poll