PGA’s Els Backs Golf Game for Special Needs Users

September 22, 2010 -

The PGA Tour’s Ernie Els has teamed up with VTree LLC in order to produce a golf videogame that can be enjoyed by all users, even those with disabilities or special needs.

Powered by EA Sports technology, My Golf Game Featuring Ernie Els will be released for the PC the week of October 11 and supports the use of a variety of input devices, including a touch screen, foot pedals or voice recognition for disabled users, in addition to typical devices like a mouse, keyboard or Xbox 360 controller.

A percentage of proceeds from the game’s sales will go to the golfer’s The Els for Autism Foundation. Els stated, “I am proud to be associated with 'My Golf Game.' As a parent of a child with autism it is great to see such a high quality game available to a wider group of gamers that will help develop key coordination skills."

VTree also offers a football game designed for players with special needs or disabilities. My Football Game is powered by EA Sports technology as well.

Comments

Re: PGA’s Els Backs Golf Game for Special Needs Users

Good on Els and VTree.  Disabled users are frequently left in the dust by modern tech; it's nice to see people working to counter that.

IvresseRegarding EA, they can give all the estimates they want. However if they then pull a Square Enix and classify it as a failure when they sell 4-5 million copies, then frankly that's when I start questioning EA's decisions...05/06/2015 - 3:18am
MattsworknameAlso, on a less angry note, who here is playing blood borne. I get the impresion the next 5 to 6 months of my life are gonna go to this game.05/06/2015 - 1:39am
Mattsworknameacting like this.05/06/2015 - 1:25am
MattsworknameIm sorry, but at this point, Im so sick of the whole Feminist/anti feminsit insanity that i'll just say this. The radical parts of both groups have gone BATSHIT. Radicl feminists have no place in polite socity, radicl MRAs same deal. Screw the both them05/06/2015 - 1:25am
E. Zachary KnightSpoilers contained inside, but this is a great look at Black Widow's characterisation in Avengers. http://io9.com/black-widow-this-is-why-we-can-t-have-nice-things-170233303705/05/2015 - 9:57pm
WonderkarpWithout losing P.T.. Which is an awesome game.05/05/2015 - 9:04pm
WonderkarpDamnit. Not only is the P.T. Demo leaving the PSN, you also cant Redownload it! Meaning if you Delete it, its gone. http://nichegamer.com/2015/05/you-better-keep-that-silent-hills-demo-installed-you-cant-re-download-it/ Now I cant upgrade my HD05/05/2015 - 9:04pm
MattsworknameIm actaully glad to see anita doing posistive videos, I had lots of issues with her older FF stuff, but her more recent stuff is alot better and more of what I want to see, positive female charecters getting praised.05/05/2015 - 6:01pm
WonderkarpThat is one hell of a prediction from EA. I dont know if it'll hit that, but still...Battlefront...though a crippled battlefront. few games I can imagine could hit that salesnumber. Battlefront is one of them.05/05/2015 - 5:52pm
MechaCrashI wonder how much of the game they'll hold back as DLC.05/05/2015 - 5:51pm
Andrew EisenI wonder if development went so over budget that EA HAS to announce such a lofty estimate.05/05/2015 - 5:49pm
Andrew EisenYeah, best of luck and all but that strikes me as a gross overestimate.05/05/2015 - 5:47pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.vg247.com/2015/05/05/star-wars-battlefront-sales-figures-predictions/ EA its nuts. there is no way it sells 10 million copies. I will buy that game, but come on.05/05/2015 - 5:43pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp Sega would have to make somethign worthwhile tho....05/05/2015 - 5:41pm
Matthew Wilson@wond dont forget creative assembly. sega still has a big pc part.05/05/2015 - 5:11pm
WonderkarpI saw that. I feel like Sega is on the verge of just becoming 100% Atlus. Atlus is selling like crazy and the buzz for Persona 5 is high. Especially in my house05/05/2015 - 4:58pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/05/05/for-first-time-ever-sega-wont-have-a-booth-at-e3/ sega is not having a both at e3 this year. yet another Japanese developer pulling back.05/05/2015 - 4:44pm
Andrew EisenSorry, got pulled away. To expand on that, I believe the NX is much too far away for Nintendo to delay Zelda until its launch.05/05/2015 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenNo.05/05/2015 - 4:16pm
Wonderkarphey Andrew, got a question. do you think Nintendo will pull a Wii and delay Zelda onto their "new console" like they did with Twilight Princess?05/05/2015 - 4:15pm