Honolulu Cop Busted for Shoplifting Videogame

September 29, 2010 -

Crime doesn’t pay, or so the phrase goes, but it appears that law enforcement doesn’t pay either, as a Honolulu police officer has been charged with shoplifting a videogame.

John F. Rapozo, a member of the HPD’s Narcotics-Vice Division was hit with a fourth-degree theft charge for allegedly pocketing a game during a September 10th trip to a Pearl City Wal-Mart store. The Star Advertiser reports that this is the third time an HPD officer has been arrested this month, while an additional five members of the force are being investigated for “major crimes,” and another 17 cases involving officers are currently in the prosecutor’s office.

All this activity led an exasperated HPD Chief Louis Kealoha to state, “The department holds its officers to a higher standard than the general public, and every allegation or complaint is fully investigated.”

No word was provided as to what game Rapozo allegedly lifted. Maybe he was a scorned APB game owner who felt he had a free game coming to him?

Image via QJ.net

Posted in

Comments

Re: Honolulu Cop Busted for Shoplifting Videogame

If we are talking The Sims careers here, then it is a different ball game. Crime starts off as a low paying career path but quickly ramps up to huge salaries. While at the same time, a law enforcement career starts low and steadily increases but never gains a lot.

Just saying.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: Honolulu Cop Busted for Shoplifting Videogame

Half the time, I can't tell the cops from the robbers.

Their on-the-books salaries may be low but to that should be added all the money they make from all the legitimate security moonlighting they do on the side plus all the money they make from dabbling in an assortment of corrupt activities.

It's not uncommon to see low-level members of the Miami PD sporting solid gold Rolexs on their wrists.

And Miami Beach once had - they may still do - an ordinance requiring all those late night bars and clubs on the Strip to provide security with MBPD officers at their own expense. It wasn't unusual to see them during the day parked in their patrol cars under a shady tree fast asleep because they'd been up until 4:00 in the morning making money on a private detail. No wonder that it takes them half an hour to respond to a 911 emergency call. It takes them that long to wake their asses up and get moving.

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm