NFL Play 60 Encourages Kids to Turn Off Games

September 29, 2010 -

While the Buffalo Bills may be 0-3, and fans might soon begin to turn off their games, a group of players from the team recently met with kids in order to encourage them to ditch videogames and TV for an hour a day in favor of physical exercise.

About a dozen Bills players were joined by the mayors of Niagara Falls and Buffalo as they entertained a group of third-through-sixth graders for a Play 60 Challenge event, which is a joint initiative between the National Football League and the American Heart Association.

Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown told the kids, “In addition to doing all of your schoolwork and having healthy minds, you have to turn off the video games and exercise 60 minutes every day, whether it’s going outside and playing with your friends, riding your bicycle, throwing a football, throwing a baseball or jumping rope.”

Electronic Arts is also a partner of the Play 60 movement and the company plans to release the Wii title EA Sports Active NFL Training Camp this November. The game, which includes a brand new total-body tracking system, will have gamers take part in an NFL Combine 60 Day Challenge which features over 70 drills and challenges.

GameSpot claimed that the title, “… just may entice previously reluctant gamers to get off the couch and work up a sweat.”

Comments

Re: NFL Play 60 Encourages Kids to Turn Off Games

"NFL: Ditch the video games... but only after you convince your parents to buy a copy of Madden '11 first"

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm