Polls Shows RI’s Distaste for Schilling Deal

September 30, 2010 -

A poll of 500 likely Rhode Island voters conducted by WPRI shows an overwhelming opposition to the $75 million loan deal that helped lure Curt Schilling’s 38 Studios from Massachusetts.

Overall, 54.4 percent of those polled chose “no” when asked if Rhode Island’s Economic Development Corporation (EDC) should have approved the deal. 28.2 percent chose “yes,” while 17.4 percent selected “not sure.”

Male participants were more against the deal than their female counterparts (55.6 percent to 53.4 percent). As a poll participant's age increased, so did their opposition to the deal, with 58.1 percent of those over 60 years old against the Schilling deal, 54.6 percent of 40-59 year olds opposing and 48.7 percent of 18-39 year olds against it.

56.4 percent of Democratic participants were against the deal, versus 50 percent of Republicans.

Fran Caprio (D) led the poll in terms of gubernatorial candidates, with 32.8 percent indicating a preference for him, followed by Lincoln Chafee (I) (29.8 percent) and John Robitaille (R) (18.6 percent).

Comments

Re: Polls Shows RI’s Distaste for Schilling Deal

According to 38 Studios website, they were scheduled to relocate on Sept 23rd.

So if Rhode Island backs out of the deal now, I hope they get sued so bad they wind up as a suburb of Connecticut.

Matthew Wilsonhttp://reason.com/archives/2015/04/09/the-dmca-chill-factor this is why the dmca should be changed or gotten rid off.04/26/2015 - 6:41pm
PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm