Rome Politicians Can Game During Council Meetings

September 30, 2010 -

Just how boring are Rome town council meetings? Politicians participating in the gatherings have been given the okay to play videogames during the meetings to assist in combating the monotony.

Even worse (better?) perhaps, the Metro insinuates that officials were given laptops pre-loaded with computer games. Rome’s Mayor Giannai Alemanno (pictured) added, “Each councillor can amuse himself and defeat stress during our long, hard meetings.”

The Metro compares the Italian initiative to a “fact-finding” mission—to local strip clubs—suggested by members of the UK’s Cornwall Council. Council members wanted to see what kind of “impact” the clubs had on local economies and neighborhoods.

Comments

Re: Rome Politicians Can Game During Council Meetings

Is it just me, or is Alemanno throwing up the Roman salute? Didn't doing so go out with Mussolini? Scary.

Re: Rome Politicians Can Game During Council Meetings

So if adults in the real world get to play games to avoid the monotony of meetings, then students should be able to play games during class to avoid the monotony of professor ramblings :)  Of course I know many of my classmates already do this.

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm