Game Hardware Added to Trade-in Value Tracking App

October 14, 2010 -

If you're one of the millions of gamers that participates in the used games market, much to the chagrin of some videogame publishers, a recently released app could be a useful addition to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.

Game Trading Technologies, the same company that powers the used games business of, and/or supplies used titles to, retailers like GameStop, Best Buy, 7-Eleven and Wal-Mart has announced the release of the latest version of its GameBook Mobile, which adds trade-in pricing for videogame and iPod hardware, as well as trade-in pricing for DVDs and Blu-Ray movies.

The app already lets users store a list of their entire videogame software library, tracks the trade-in price of each product and can point users to nearby stores that accept trade-ins.

While the latest version of the app has been announced, a previous version is still the only available app in the Apple Store (link). User reviews of the currently available product make it sound a bit buggy, so it might be advisable to wait for the release of the new one.

Comments

Re: Game Hardware Added to Trade-in Value Tracking App

Poll