No Inbox Left Behind

October 14, 2010 -

Okay, we readily admit to being virtually hypnotized by Christian game publisher Left Behind Games, even more so in light of the odd press releases the company has issued in the past couple of weeks, but their latest may take the cake.

Today, Left Behind detailed an upcoming email campaign that it says will eventually hit 7.77 million inboxes. The company added a “top-tier” email delivery service that will push output to 45,000 emails per hour. The campaign will leverage an “under-utilized” list of over 500,000 “Christian consumers accumulated since the release of the Left Behind Trivia Game, 7 years ago.”

Left Behind reports that similar campaigns waged in August and September saw 85% of opened emails resulting in “confirmation of interest in coupons and offers.”

The new email campaign, dubbed the “Panoptic(TM) email marketing campaign,” will run from November 1 through the start of 2011. Early results of the email blitz will be discussed in a November 16th webinar.

Left Behind says that its email campaigns are “compliant with the governing CAN-SPAM Act."

Comments

Re: No Inbox Left Behind

Gotta love marketing departments that don't have a clue.  This is a spam campaign, plain and simple.  The CAN-SPAM law might allow for it, but this is hypocritical behavior for a so-called "Christian" company.  The CAN-SPAM law's fines should be levied against them for every e-mail they send out to that "under-utilized" list.

The "Panoptic(TM) email marketing campaign" part of the article is likely this hideous-looking, scummy-looking site:

- Left4Dead

- Left4Dead Why are zombies always eating brains? I want to see zombies that eat toes for a living. Undead-related pun intended.

Re: No Inbox Left Behind

Always look on the bright side of Spam.

Re: No Inbox Left Behind

Spam can be holy.. who knew....

Re: No Inbox Left Behind

I can't concentrate on the article, because apparently god didn't grant one of his pastors the grace to know how to use an apostrophe.

Truly, it is the devil's punctuation.

But hey, really, if Left Behind got all those users to agree to receive newsletters and deal offers in their email, it's fair game to use that list.  I don't think there's a statute of limitations on those "YES I would like to know more about your fine sofa" checkboxes, is there?

---
Fangamer

---
Fangamer

Re: No Inbox Left Behind

What got me distracted is the good Reverend's name: Bob Neal. As in: Neal, Bob. As in: Neal and Bob.

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

ZippyDSMleePapa Midnight: Care to take a look at this and tell me what you think about it? http://www.amazon.com/Frisby-FS-5010BT-Surround-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B00EYX1N2S/03/26/2015 - 10:27pm
Matthew Wilson@AE I think he means both.03/26/2015 - 9:23pm
Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am