PTC Wants You to Thank AGs That Supported California

October 19, 2010 -

The Parents Television Council (PTC) is urging its ranks to thank attorneys-general from the states that supported the California side in the Schwarzenegger vs. EMA case now before the Supreme Court.

The PTC’s website features the mailing and email addresses for AGs from Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Texas and Virgina in order to make the process easier.

But what if you don’t live in one of the aforementioned states? The PTC then would urge you to “please write to thank California Governor Arnold Schwartzeneggar and California State Senator Leland Yee for creating and supporting this law.” Lee especially might appreciate such correspondence, as he, “in particular has come under attack from the videogame industry.”

Perhaps, you, dear readers, might utilize the list as a primer for which attorneys-general not to vote for, should they be up for reelection this year, or running for other office (like Connecticut’s own Dick Blumenthal, who is gunning for a Senate seat).

It’s probably not advisable to look to the Governator for letter-writing tips however, even though he wields a mean letter-opener.

Comments

Re: PTC Wants You to Thank AGs That Supported California

Yee has been under attack?  Since when?  I like the guy, even though I don't agree with him.  At least he's civil with us, unlike he-who-shall-not-be-named.  Hell, I wish there were more politicians who behaved as if the people opposed them were still human beings.

Re: PTC Wants You to Thank AGs That Supported California

Well, I now know who to send my letter to, thank you.

Re: PTC Wants You to Thank AGs That Supported California

I'm not sure that the PTC quite understands the concept of "attacking".  Yee and these buffoons are the ones trying to censor the game industry.  The response to this would be known as defending.

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person's fear of their own freedom-

Re: PTC Wants You to Thank AGs That Supported California

This proves how ridiculous the PTC is:

Re: PTC Wants You to Thank AGs That Supported California

Wow.   Their logic is kinda scary... 'the american people own the airwaves, so do what we say!'

Re: PTC Wants You to Thank AGs That Supported California

A more accruate statement "We the PTC own the networks, so we will bully them into doing what we want.

Re: PTC Wants You to Thank AGs That Supported California

I will not thank anyone that wants to take away my rights!

Re: PTC Wants You to Thank AGs That Supported California

Considering that Minnesota and it's taxpayers got burned with the legal fees from one of the past game-legislation efforts, I took the email provided and voiced my disappointment that the AG failed to learn anything from that incident. I most likely will not be voting for Lori Swanson any time soon.

Re: PTC Wants Idiots to Thank AGs That Supported California

I'll "thank" them when California inveitably loses their case before SCOTUS. Thank those motards for wasting taxpayer money on a show of support for anti-American ideals, for supporting a state that wasted its taxpayer money on a doomed appeal that could have better served for more useful purposes.

Thanked? No, the ten AG's that supported California deserve condemnation than gratitude that they didn't earn or deserve.

Geaux Saints, Geaux Tigers, Geaux Hornets, Jack Thompson can geaux chase a chupacabra. Hell will stay frozen over for quite a while since the Saints won the Super Bowl.

Geaux Saints, Geaux Tigers, Geaux Pelicans. Even through the darkest days, this fire burns always.

Poll

Which group is more ethically challenged?:

Consterwhy aren't "Video game players" an option on the poll? :P07/04/2015 - 5:19am
Andrew EisenThat was quick! Pretty accurate cosplay of the new Ghostbuster uniform and proton pack: https://twitter.com/mirabellemusing/status/61673135125394227207/03/2015 - 6:23pm
Matthew Wilson@mast I dont know, but I do know it got a cult fallowing here.07/03/2015 - 6:22pm
MastermuneWasn't the Zero Escape series more popular here than in Japan?07/03/2015 - 6:19pm
Matthew Wilson@mast given the game was revealed in the US, I wouldnt be shocked if it was released at the same time.07/03/2015 - 6:15pm
MastermuneI don't trust the big AAA worldwide simultaneous releases though.07/03/2015 - 5:57pm
Mastermune@Infophile I have come to the conclusion that smaller games like zero escape, JRPG's and the like are actually worth preordering sinc they are limited quantities and since they usually release in japan first we know if there are any issues.07/03/2015 - 5:56pm
Infophile@Matthew! Awesome news. I'd preorder on that shout alone if I didn't have a policy against preordering anymore.07/03/2015 - 5:16pm
Matthew Wilsonzero escape 3 was announced today.07/03/2015 - 4:21pm
Matthew Wilson@pnx I am guessing a ddoss since that is what happened to neogaf, but sony needs to do a investment in psn as a whole. steam is still the most reliable and fastest digital platform I use.07/03/2015 - 3:06pm
PHX Corphttp://www.vg247.com/2015/07/03/psn-is-down-sony-investigating/ not again: PSN is down, Sony investigating07/03/2015 - 3:04pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.vg247.com/2015/07/03/digital-extremes-trespasser-keystone-pc/ if true, this is funny and embarrassing for Digital Extremes. companies need too have better security.07/03/2015 - 2:57pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-point-destiny-the-hardcore-gamers-slot-machine/2300-6425852/ this is very good, and well researched.07/03/2015 - 12:41pm
InfophileOther features to become standard: The ability to remap controls however the hell I want. Quicksave at any time (especially for handheld and mobile games). Plus everything Andrew said07/03/2015 - 10:43am
InfophileRegion-freeing becomes tricky for games with a strong online component though, especially when the servers are run by different branches in different regions.07/03/2015 - 10:41am
InfophileI'm in favor of getting rid of region-locking for any purchased games. I can understand an exception for free, ad-supported games, as many ads are only relevant in certain regions, and it's a ridiculous hassle to get ads for all regions.07/03/2015 - 10:40am
PHX Corphttp://kotaku.com/payday-2-has-been-broken-on-xbox-one-for-three-weeks-1715384186 Payday 2 Has Been Broken On Xbox One For Three Weeks07/03/2015 - 8:44am
Matthew Wilsonhttps://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/3bxduw/why_was_riama_along_with_a_number_of_other_large/ here is a more complete acount of whats going on.07/03/2015 - 1:32am
Matthew Wilsonredit is on fire right now. most subreddits have been set to private.07/03/2015 - 1:24am
MattsworknameYou know andrew, those are actualy rock solid ideas, I woudl like those features a bunch ,especially with games that a cut scene heavly. looking at you kojima!07/03/2015 - 1:18am