Redbox Testing Game Rentals in Bakersfield, Ca.

October 19, 2010 -

Video game rental service Redbox announced that it is testing video game rentals through its in-store kiosks in Bakersfield, California. Bakersfield-area Redbox users can rent a variety of video games from such platforms as PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii for $2 a night plus tax. The addition of video games in the Bakersfield area is a test designed to gauge consumer interest in video game rentals. Redbox will offer video game rentals through more than 70 area kiosks.

Redbox offers DVD and Blu-ray movie rentals through its kiosks nationwide. Adding games into the mix will allow the company to compete with competitors like Blockbuster and online video game rental services like GameFly.

You can learn more about Redbox, or find a kiosk near you, by checking out Redbox.com

Source: Bakersfield.com

Comments

Re: Redbox Testing Game Rentals in Bakersfield, Ca.

$2 a night sounds pricey, especially with games that take longer to beat.

Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm