Clash Over 38 Studios Deal at RI Gov. Debate

October 27, 2010 -

The 38 Studios $75 million Rhode Island deal got a slight bit of airtime during this week's Rhode Island Gubernatorial debate. The fun begins at the 23:31 mark in the debate. The Providence Journal covers much of the debate in its write up.

Seven candidates are running in the Rhode Island gubernatorial race, but only four were at this week's debate. Those candidates were Democratic General Treasurer Frank Caprio (who is getting a lot of air time over his disparaging comments to President Obama about not getting an endorsement), Republican John Robitaille, independent Lincoln Chafee (an old Senate friend of the President), and Moderate Party candidate Ken Block.

Moderate party candidate Block strongly criticized Independent candidate Chafee for saying that he would consider suing current Governor Carcieri and the state Economic Development Corporation over the 38 Studios $75-million loan guarantee. Watch the video to see the back and forth.

Posted in