Keiji Inafune Exits Capcom

October 29, 2010 -

Keiji Inafune, the character designer of the popular Mega Man series, has left Capcom. In a blog post on his personal site - translated by Kotaku - Inafune said "sayonara" to fans, revealing that he was "leaving Capcom with the intention of starting my life over."

"A manager's work means evaluating your subordinates and speaking your dreams. Anyone who can do both of those can be a manager. I thought that when I came here, and I still think that now," Inafune said on his blog.

"People that really know me, can see where I'm coming from. I'm not a regular dude. It's probably because I'm strange," he continued.

Inafune has been in the news a lot because of his harsh criticism of the Japanese game development community. He has said in the past that the industry in Japan is "dying" and that the games they make are "awful." Inafune most recently worked on Dead Rising 2.

We are not sure what he means when he says that he is "starting his life over," but we assume Inafune will still be developing games.

Posted in

Comments

Re: Keiji Inafune Exits Capcom

Afraid I'm not optimistic.

After all these years we finally get an MML3, and Inafune leaves complaining that people are meddling with his vision.  (In fairness, he could have been talking about that awful-looking Korean MMMMORPG.)  What a shame.

(EDIT: Whoops, was meant to be a reply to Dejiko.  I wish

Re: Keiji Inafune Exits Capcom

Looking at how bad Mega man has been milked and abused... its no wonder he left.

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: Keiji Inafune Exits Capcom

Hopefully he can be happy with whatever he decides to do.

I'm a little worried about MML3 though. I hope it'll still turn out good without his oversight.

Re: Keiji Inafune Exits Capcom

I'm more confused by the fact that Mega Man Legends 3 is FINALLY announced, a project that according to him he's wanted to do for AGES and put all kinds of effort into convincing Capcom's higher-ups to let him do it, and barely even a month later he's leaving.
---
I'm not under the affluence of incohol as some thinkle peep I am. I'm not half as thunk as you might drink. I fool so feelish I don't know who is me, and the drunker I stand here, the longer I get.

---

Re: Keiji Inafune Exits Capcom

Judging by what he has said in the past about Japan's game development this does not come as a surpised for me. The question is will he work for an american game company now?

Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm
Big PermNow that steam refunds are a thing, I'd hope they care more about not releasing a buggy mess.08/04/2015 - 8:34pm
MattsworknameI really think someone should get on bethesda abotu this and find out if there gonna fix it for the anthology, and if those fixs will be provide to those who already own the software on steam08/04/2015 - 8:24pm
Mattsworknamethey fix it, I fear this is gonna be a problem cause it means 2 games will be nearly unusa le for a large number of those buying the game08/04/2015 - 8:23pm
MattsworknameSo, I have a concern. Im super pumped for fallout 4, but I noticed bethesda is also selling an anthology. Which is a great idea, save that both Fallout 3 and New vegas are near unusable on anything paste windows 7, and even on 7 it's a buggy mess. Unless08/04/2015 - 8:22pm
benohawkI've had no issues so far08/04/2015 - 6:45pm
MattsworknameSame here so far, minus some issues with a few old games, it's been solid for me. I do think they need to adjust some of the interface in the start menu, but I can work with it08/04/2015 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI like it, havent had any major issues.08/04/2015 - 5:45pm
MattsworknameSo, now t hta we have had time to mess with it, whats everyones view on windows 10?08/04/2015 - 5:43pm
james_fudgeNot I, said the fly.08/04/2015 - 4:31pm
Big PermAnyone use an Intel 750?08/04/2015 - 3:40pm
E. Zachary KnightSome great comments about gender diversity in game development from GDC Europe. http://gamasutra.com/view/news/250417/Women_in_the_game_industry_share_stories_of_improving_diversity.php08/04/2015 - 3:11pm
Sora-Chan@EZK: It's kind sad that kind of thing still occurs to this day (and for good reasons...)08/04/2015 - 2:33pm
E. Zachary KnightA woman author shares her experience submitting her manuscript to publishing agents under a man's name. http://jezebel.com/homme-de-plume-what-i-learned-sending-my-novel-out-und-172063762708/04/2015 - 1:21pm