Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

November 2, 2010 -

Work it, Senator! California State Senator Leland Yee says some stuff on the steps of the Supreme Court. I do not know what he is saying exactly but I imagine it's something along the lines of "video games train our children to commit acts of violence and cannibalism!" Anyway, politicians and press conferences go together like ants and picnics.. or war and famine. Caption the pictures in the comments for fun (thanks to the ECA's Hal Halpin for passing these along):

[GamePolitics is an ECA publication.]

Posted in

Comments

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

Is it just me, or does Leland Yee bear a striking resemblance to the bad guy in the recent Karate Kid remake?

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

Meh lack of a good edu system makes people more violent and cannibalistic.......

---

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

Photo 17: "urgh, I specifically asked for a lavender microphone.  This is downright MAUVE."

---
Fangamer

---
Fangamer

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

Did somebody say caption contest?

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

"You want to make sure video games are appropriate for your children?  Well, of course you do!  You're an awesome parent, after all!  Unfortunately, the only possible way to evaluate the content of these games is to play them yourselves for at least 800 hours.  Oh, and you better be an expert game player too because these suckers are hard!

What?  What's that you say?  You suck at games and don't have that much spare time?  Well friends, that's why I've written a law that does the work for you!  That's right, you won't have to worry about your kids playing something I object to, I mean, something you find objectionable because they won't even be able to buy them!  In fact, you can just stop paying attention to what your kids are playing, safe in the knowledge that the gov't knows what's best for your kids."

or

"Violent games harm your children.  It's true.  There are studies, thousands of them that conclusively prove it!  So, I've written a law that prevents children from buying these games because as we all know, if kids can't buy a game, they sure as hell can't play it!

Now, don't get me wrong, if you're okay with your kids playing these harmful games, you can buy them yourselves.  No siree bob, I have no problem with parents exercising their rights to facilitate their children with something that's proven to be detrimental to their psychological well being."

Andrew Eisen

Poll

Have you visited a video game arcade in the last year?:

james_fudgeThere aren't many left in America08/21/2014 - 1:50am
MechaTama31I sure have. Dorky's barcade in Tacoma, WA.08/20/2014 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI have not been to a arcade in years. I know arcades are still big in japan.08/20/2014 - 5:38pm
Sleaker@AE - Ah no it's called GroundKontrol - I was just referring to it as a Bar-Arcade.08/20/2014 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenStill looking for confirmation that High Moon Studios (dev behind the PS3/360 versions) isn't working on it.08/20/2014 - 4:38pm
ZenGotcha.08/20/2014 - 4:37pm
Andrew EisenI already updated the story with it!08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
Zenhttp://www.gonintendo.com/s/235574-treyarch-isn-t-working-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-for-wii-u-either08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
ZenLet me send the link for the Tweet as well...they state Treyarch is not working on it. Grabbing it now.08/20/2014 - 4:34pm
Andrew EisenWhere does it say that "NO dev is working on it"?08/20/2014 - 4:33pm
ZenHere's the link for my last comment: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
ZenWell, Call of Duty is skipping Wii U completely it seems...they updated that NO dev is working on it. Great way to just skip a market.08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
Andrew EisenYeah, Dave and Busters back in 2011 was the last time for me.08/20/2014 - 4:16pm
ZenWell, I tried lol. We just got a Dave and Busters on the beach but haven't been there yet...may go this weekend.08/20/2014 - 3:52pm
Andrew EisenIt's called The Bar-Arcade? Missed opportunity. I would have gone with Barcade.08/20/2014 - 3:25pm
SleakerThe Bar-Arcade however did have a lot of good pinball machines, they were however always taken as the place was packed..08/20/2014 - 1:17pm
Sleakerso I've been to an Arcade-Bar, not that great of a place has some okay machines, but generally over-packed. And then all the kid-friendly ones have is ticket-games nothing actually good unfortunately :(08/20/2014 - 1:14pm
Andrew EisenIf it has an area dedicated to arcade machines, I'd say it counts. Arcade machine in your house though, nope.08/20/2014 - 12:16pm
ZenDoes it count if you have actual arcade machines in your house?08/20/2014 - 12:01pm
E. Zachary KnightWith the current poll, I guess it all depends on how one defines "arcade". If Chuck E Cheese or similar multipurpose businesses count, then that is a yes for me.08/20/2014 - 11:59am