Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

November 2, 2010 -

Work it, Senator! California State Senator Leland Yee says some stuff on the steps of the Supreme Court. I do not know what he is saying exactly but I imagine it's something along the lines of "video games train our children to commit acts of violence and cannibalism!" Anyway, politicians and press conferences go together like ants and picnics.. or war and famine. Caption the pictures in the comments for fun (thanks to the ECA's Hal Halpin for passing these along):

[GamePolitics is an ECA publication.]

Posted in

Comments

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

Is it just me, or does Leland Yee bear a striking resemblance to the bad guy in the recent Karate Kid remake?

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

Meh lack of a good edu system makes people more violent and cannibalistic.......

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

Photo 17: "urgh, I specifically asked for a lavender microphone.  This is downright MAUVE."

---
Fangamer

---
Fangamer

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

Did somebody say caption contest?

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

"You want to make sure video games are appropriate for your children?  Well, of course you do!  You're an awesome parent, after all!  Unfortunately, the only possible way to evaluate the content of these games is to play them yourselves for at least 800 hours.  Oh, and you better be an expert game player too because these suckers are hard!

What?  What's that you say?  You suck at games and don't have that much spare time?  Well friends, that's why I've written a law that does the work for you!  That's right, you won't have to worry about your kids playing something I object to, I mean, something you find objectionable because they won't even be able to buy them!  In fact, you can just stop paying attention to what your kids are playing, safe in the knowledge that the gov't knows what's best for your kids."

or

"Violent games harm your children.  It's true.  There are studies, thousands of them that conclusively prove it!  So, I've written a law that prevents children from buying these games because as we all know, if kids can't buy a game, they sure as hell can't play it!

Now, don't get me wrong, if you're okay with your kids playing these harmful games, you can buy them yourselves.  No siree bob, I have no problem with parents exercising their rights to facilitate their children with something that's proven to be detrimental to their psychological well being."

Andrew Eisen

PHX Corphttp://www.polygon.com/2015/7/27/9050375/street-fighter-5-beta-offline-delayed Street Fighter 5 beta taken offline, now postponed indefinitely07/27/2015 - 9:51pm
Goth_Skunk@eZeek: Noooooooooo.... ;)07/27/2015 - 8:44pm
MechaTama31Re: Google+, wow. I never in a million years thought they would backpedal on that. I just resigned myself to not using commenting functions on any of their services.07/27/2015 - 6:21pm
E. Zachary KnightGoth, are you saying all women are fat. ;)07/27/2015 - 5:38pm
benohawkMake it more adorable and more gender neutral! Widescreen Dog and 16:9 their 16 kitten sidekicks07/27/2015 - 5:15pm
Goth_SkunkOr, if you prefer, Widescreen Woman.07/27/2015 - 4:12pm
Goth_SkunkWho will save us from this abominable practice?! Introducing WIDESCREEN MAN and his sidekick 16:9!07/27/2015 - 4:10pm
Andrew EisenInteresting coincidence. I tweeted about the evils of vertically oriented video just last night. https://twitter.com/AndrewEisen/status/62549836960397312007/27/2015 - 4:01pm
PHX Corphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ_I9-CkzDE The Great Atari Ransack (The Jimquisition) Warning Vertical video syndrome in one scene07/27/2015 - 3:40pm
MattsworknameBout time google07/27/2015 - 3:33pm
james_fudgeugh. TG man :)07/27/2015 - 1:15pm
MechaCrashGoogle drops Google+ requirements for YouTube and other services: http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/27/google-is-dropping-its-google-requirement-across-all-products-starting-with-youtube/07/27/2015 - 12:55pm
benohawkThat still isn't Steam pay royalties. At best it is Bethesda not being willing to relicense the music,07/27/2015 - 12:51pm
Infophile(cont'd) different service. This often happened with TV shows, where music was only licensed for broadcast, but not for DVD release. So for many older shows, they either have to relicense it or use different/no music for the DVD release.07/27/2015 - 12:36pm
Infophile@benohawk: It most likely comes down to the original licensing agreement for the music in it. Often those agreements only license it for the medium it first releases in, so it has to be re-licensed if it's rereleased in a different form or through a ...07/27/2015 - 12:35pm
benohawkWhy would steam be paying royalties on anything in quake?07/27/2015 - 12:01pm
black mantaI recommend using the KMQuake II patch which supports .ogg music files, then downloading the music from someplace, then dropping it in to a music folder into the \baseq2 directory.07/27/2015 - 10:32am
black mantaI got Quake 2 during the Steam Quakecon sale. Funny thing is, there's no music for it! Guess Steam didn't want to pay the royalty fees or something.07/27/2015 - 10:30am
black mantaLike EZK, I also have a backlog of games. Right now I'm playing Crysis 3 for the first time, and replaying Quake 2.07/27/2015 - 10:29am
E. Zachary KnightZippy, No. It is because I have a backlog of games a mile long and have not bought to many new games, which includes Mass Effect.07/27/2015 - 9:28am