MORE ECA SCOTUS Rally Photos

November 2, 2010 -

Here are five more photos from the real "Rally to Restore Sanity," taking place outside the Supreme Court – no offense to Jon Stewart intended. Thanks to everyone that took time out of their busy schedules to support free speech, video games, and gamers in America (thanks to our own Matthew Olschan for sending these in).

[GamePolitics is an ECA publication.]

Posted in

Comments

Re: MORE ECA SCOTUS Rally Photos

Holy crap, even Mario himself showed up!

Re: MORE ECA SCOTUS Rally Photos

That's me and my fiancee in the first picture there.  Some of the other people who were in the crowd were some British students who happened to be on a tour and wanted to join in.  They were really cool.  We can always count on our friends across the pond to lend us a hand.

Incidentally, I spotted one of them wearing an Iron Maiden T-shirt.  Reflexively I threw up the horns and yelled, "Yeah!  Maiden!"

Re: MORE ECA SCOTUS Rally Photos

Enough pictures, where is the summary? I want meat. Give me meat.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: MORE ECA SCOTUS Rally Photos

Best I've seen so far is in the WSJ:

---

"Some of the Grimm's Fairy Tales are quite grim," Justice Scalia told an attorney for California. "Are they OK? Are you going to ban them, too?"

"What about films? What about comic books?" asked Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. "Why are videogames special?"

---

BOOM.

I'm feeling pretty good about this one.

Re: MORE ECA SCOTUS Rally Photos

Right now, it looks like it will end up 6-3 for EMA/ESA as some of us predicted, just looks like you can replace Roberts for Scalia in the majority for EMA/ESA(I'm not sold on Alito switching sides just yet).

Geaux Saints, Geaux Tigers, Geaux Hornets, Jack Thompson can geaux chase a chupacabra. Hell will stay frozen over for quite a while since the Saints won the Super Bowl.

Geaux Saints, Geaux Tigers, Geaux Pelicans. Solidarity for the Saints = No retreat, no surrender. 2013 = Saints' revenge on the NFL. Even through the darkest days, this fire burns always.

Re: MORE ECA SCOTUS Rally Photos

You can settle on Kotaku's for now

GP may have it up later today

Watching JT on GP is just like watching an episode of Jerry springer only as funny as the fights

America has just became its own version of the Jerry Springer Show after a bizarre moment in Florida involving a carnival worker.

Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm
InfophileFor anyone still complaining about where the funding for Tropes vs. Women went: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z6qa561roidh5/femfreq_annualreport2014.pdf?dl=0 (page 16) Not that this will actually stop claims of fraud, but it's good to have a counter.01/24/2015 - 12:38pm