ITC Sets Dates for Investigation into Wii Patent Infringement Claims

November 12, 2010 -

A complaint filed with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) by Ohio-based Motiva, Inc. alleges that Nintendo Co., Ltd. and Nintendo of America infringed on Motiva patents in order to import “certain video game systems and related controllers.”

The charges revolve around the Wii, and it isn’t the first time Motiva has taken on Nintendo. The company previously sued Nintendo in 2008 in a case that began in Texas and was transferred to Washington, before a district court issued an order earlier this year staying the case pending a reexamination of the 151 patent at the center of the case and an exhaustion of all appeals.

The new complaint was filed on October 1 of this year and the ITC announced earlier this month that it would institute an investigation into the matter.

Now, via the ITC Blog, we learn that Administrative Law Judge Robert Rogers has set parameters for the investigation (PDF). An initial determination is due on November 4, 2011 and a target date for completion of the investigation has been set for March 5, 2012.

The complaint centers around patents related to a “human movement measurement system.”

Motiva is seeking a permanent limited exclusion order and a permanent cease-and-desist order directed at NOA.

Comments

Re: ITC Sets Dates for Investigation into Wii Patent ...

Obvious troll is obvious...

Andrew EisenI played it one the Wii and rather liked it.11/22/2014 - 11:15pm