Rock Band 3 on Most Wanted Christmas List

A Columbia Daily Tribune report, citing data from, says that Rock Band 3 is the most anticipated game this holiday shopping season? What? One might come to the conclusion that, given the early popularity of releases such as Call of Duty: Black Ops, Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, Fallout: New Vegas and the soon-to-be-released 1200 lbs. juggernaut that is World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, a different title would be at the top of this list.

Here is the list according to the site:

1. Kinect
  2. Rock Band 3
  3. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  4. Donkey Kong Country Returns
  5. Gran Turismo 5
  6. Epic Mickey
  7. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
  8. Fallout: New Vegas
  9. God of War: Ghost of Sparta
  10. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood

The site doesn’t reveal how it came to these conclusions. It also should be pointed out that Kinect for Xbox 360 is listed as the actual #1 “game” in the list..

Source: Columbia Daily Tribune

DorkmasterFlek says:

The keyboard, yes. I was lucky to get one on launch week, but my EB only got a single bundle in and I grabbed it. It’s getting better with every week, though. I haven’t seen any Mustang pro guitars north of the border yet, but for the pro cymbals, I have seen those. My local EB has the RB3 branded drum kits in. I’m not sure about just the cymbals though.

Hackangel says:

Out of all the games of that list, Rock Band 3 is definitely the game I anticipated the most. It’s also the one that gives me the most frustrations. I don’t know if you guys south of the border have the same problem but there is a serious shortage of plastic instruments up here in Canada. I finally got a keyboard yesterday despite the game having been released nearly a month ago.

Everytime a store gets some new instruments, its gone 1-2 hours after they’re on the shelves. For guys working 9 to 5, that means missing out on the opportunity to buy them. Chances of getting the new guitar model or the new pro cymbals, in store, before christmas are not looking good. Fortunately, I’ll be able to buy to guitar on a website but I haven’t found one selling the pro-cymbals only.

HarmlessBunny says:

As someone who owns all the Rock Band games, it is a lot of fun :)
    RB3 I would say is one of the best party games to have. If you invested in RB1 or 2, then you might have the guitars and drums already. Just get the keyboard with RB3 :)

James Fletcher, member of ECA Canada

Arell says:

It’s not surprising. Rock Band, when you consider all the possible instruments, is a pretty hefty investment any time of the year. But Christmas is a time to ask for expensive gifts you wouldn’t buy for yourself any other time. Add the family value (everyone can play), and it makes a great holiday gift.

DorkmasterFlek says:

Very interesting… RB3 had slow sales out of the gate, but it looks like it may pick up considerably over the holidays. Good to see, as I’m a huge RB addict and RB3 is amazing. :)

finaleve says:

Even though RB3 is not the most amazing game in the world (It has it’s shortcomings but overall it’s an enjoyable experience) I’m glad it’s near the top of the list…

…but this seems like another analyst’s opinion.