Zogby: Consumers Prefer Buying Online

November 29, 2010 -

According to a new Zogby poll, 63 percent of adults in the United States would rather do all of their holiday shopping online than going to a local mall. Nearly 64 percent said that they plan to make the bulk of its holiday purchases online this year.

While the data is interesting, it's not all that different from a similar poll conducted last year by Zogby. In 2009 61 percent preferred exclusively shopping on the Internet, 23 percent said they would rather shop at the mall, and 69 percent said they planned to purchase holiday gifts online.

On the other hand, even though 86 percent say they have made online holiday gift purchases in the past, 31 percent prefer to do all their shopping at the mall this year, and 22 percent do not plan to buy any gifts online at all

We will see if this poll data pans out for online retailers after the holiday shopping season is over.

More details on methodology can be found here.

Posted in

Comments

Re: Zogby: Consumers Prefer Buying Online

Well, if you buy online, you don't have to worry about being trampled to death by other shoppers. But I doubt this poll is true.

Re: Zogby: Consumers Prefer Buying Online

if the poll was an online one that may have effected the results a little.

Re: Zogby: Consumers Prefer Buying Online

That and Zogby's not the most reliable polling source.

That said, while I'm willing to guess their numbers are off a few points, I find it very easy to believe most people would rather shop online than fight traffic and crowds.  Lord knows I would.

Re: Zogby: Consumers Prefer Buying Online

From persoanl experience I'd say you're right.

Andrew EisenI played it one the Wii and rather liked it.11/22/2014 - 11:15pm