Game Informer is Pretty Popular..

December 1, 2010 -

Game Informer Magazine is apparently the seventh most popular magazine in the United States, hanging out with such brand name rags as Time and Cosmopolitan. This is according to data gathered by media research firm BurrellesLuce, who found that GI had a circulation of 4,364,170, up 800,000 from 3,564,170 in 2009.

The secret formula for the magazine's success is pretty obvious: GameStop. A 12-month subscription to GI is given away when making purchases with a GameStop card. Still, bought, given away, or jammed under a hotel door like a pamphlet on Jesus, GI is out there.

Source: BurrellesLuce by way of GI.biz

Posted in

Comments

Re: Game Informer is Pretty Popular..

Cool. I'm hoping to write for these guys (or a similar mag), so it's nice to see the decline in print publications isn't hindering them too much.

Re: Game Informer is Pretty Popular..

I think you get the 12 month subscription when you buy the GameStop card (which is good for 12 months), not when you use the card.

But I haven't set foot in a GameStop in years, so maybe that's changed.

Re: Game Informer is Pretty Popular..

They changed some of the specifics, but it's still basically this. You can get the card for free now with less options and lower rewards, but you can buy a subscription to GI you get more points and a better discount and I dunno what all. I mainly get it because 10% off used stuff pretty much pays for itself for me.

Andrew EisenI played it one the Wii and rather liked it.11/22/2014 - 11:15pm