Game Informer is Pretty Popular..

December 1, 2010 -

Game Informer Magazine is apparently the seventh most popular magazine in the United States, hanging out with such brand name rags as Time and Cosmopolitan. This is according to data gathered by media research firm BurrellesLuce, who found that GI had a circulation of 4,364,170, up 800,000 from 3,564,170 in 2009.

The secret formula for the magazine's success is pretty obvious: GameStop. A 12-month subscription to GI is given away when making purchases with a GameStop card. Still, bought, given away, or jammed under a hotel door like a pamphlet on Jesus, GI is out there.

Source: BurrellesLuce by way of GI.biz

Posted in

Comments

Re: Game Informer is Pretty Popular..

Cool. I'm hoping to write for these guys (or a similar mag), so it's nice to see the decline in print publications isn't hindering them too much.

Re: Game Informer is Pretty Popular..

I think you get the 12 month subscription when you buy the GameStop card (which is good for 12 months), not when you use the card.

But I haven't set foot in a GameStop in years, so maybe that's changed.

Re: Game Informer is Pretty Popular..

They changed some of the specifics, but it's still basically this. You can get the card for free now with less options and lower rewards, but you can buy a subscription to GI you get more points and a better discount and I dunno what all. I mainly get it because 10% off used stuff pretty much pays for itself for me.

Poll

Which video game platform are you most thankful for?:

MaskedPixelanteEhh, MSS is only half off, I can wait for it to go under 1011/26/2014 - 3:48pm
NeenekoWhich is why I completely ignore the site.11/26/2014 - 3:15pm
james_fudgeAHHH Someone bar the door and keep the kids away from the credit cards!11/26/2014 - 3:14pm
Neo_DrKefkaThe Ralph Retort is a toxic mess and the guy is literally building his career on the back of the GamerGate movement. Whether you believe GamerGate is right or wrong this is a man profiteering on this war.11/26/2014 - 2:56pm
WonderkarpTHE STEAM SALES HAVE BEGUN!11/26/2014 - 2:16pm
MaskedPixelanteUnless you have said DLC already, then you can get the equally broken FarCry 4.11/26/2014 - 2:15pm
WonderkarpI love Boogie. He's awesome.11/26/2014 - 2:02pm
PHX Corphttp://kotaku.com/ubisoft-apologizes-for-assassins-creed-unity-with-free-1663768202 [Sarcasm]Ubisoft Apologizes for making a broken game, gives out free dlc for said broken game[/sarcasm]11/26/2014 - 1:53pm
Andrew EisenIt's a cute joke to make but it’s important to note that the person's view is not gendered. It's not about not supporting a female dev, it's about not supporting GamerGate. Gender is irrelevant in this case.11/26/2014 - 1:10pm
Neo_DrKefkaToo add what Andrew said about the The Ralph Retort it is no different from what you read at Gawker. I remember reading The Ralph Retort on how Boogie was the bad guy from being on the fence until he jumped to the GamerGate side.11/26/2014 - 12:42pm
Wonderkarpthat, I do not know the answer too. I see some people saying they wont vote for her because of it. I'm pointing out the irony.11/26/2014 - 12:31pm
Andrew EisenIs this call to not vote for her game widespread or is it just the one tweet from the one guy?11/26/2014 - 12:19pm
Wonderkarphttps://twitter.com/GMShivers here's her twitter if you wanna look. I didnt see any harassment. 11/26/2014 - 12:07pm
Andrew EisenI'm just curious what kind of GamerGater the dev is. Does she harass people? If so, I could understand the desire not to support her. "Very Pro-GG" doesn't tell me anything.11/26/2014 - 12:05pm
NeenekoWhile boycotts have their place, small ones like that just hurt small producers for no real gain. It is just being petty.11/26/2014 - 12:02pm
WonderkarpI'm addicted too their deals :P When I find an alternative, I'll drop Kotaku :P. you Tease cause you care though :)11/26/2014 - 11:57am
Andrew EisenWarning, light teasing incoming. Ahem. So, not only could you not go a full four hours without reading The Ralph Retort, but you read Kotaku? A site you say you're actively trying to convince others to stay away from? Wow!11/26/2014 - 11:56am
Wonderkarpi love nintendo <311/26/2014 - 10:27am
MaskedPixelantehttp://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/26/pokemon-omega-rubyalpha-sapphire-sold-3-million-worldwide-three-days/ More good Nintendo news that I can't wait to be turned into "NINTENDO IS DOOMED" articles by certain outlets.11/26/2014 - 10:03am
Wonderkarpthough its kinda ironic, as this cartoon shows. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3XCIeQCUAAWWkv.jpg cause I thought it was about wanting more women in games?11/26/2014 - 9:39am