PETA Game Lampoons Super Meat Boy

PETA is at it again, with another game making fun of something having to do with MEAT. PETA despises meat almost as much as I enjoy a juicy Porterhouse (medium rare), with a side of delicious mushrooms, mashed potatoes, and delicious ponds of gravy..

The latest target is the wonderful indie game Super Meat Boy. PETA has made a Flash game called Super Tofu Boy, which jabs fun at Super Meat Boy’s gameplay, storyline and characters. The game offers ten levels featuring the soy-based life-form as he platforms much like our meaty friend, complete with pro-vegetarian messages here and there to drive home the point that meat is bad and vegetables are wonderful. For the record, I love vegetables too.

You can play Super Tofu Boy at the PETA web site.

Source: Kotaku by way of Rodrigo Ybáñez García.

Kajex says:

This is cute. Yet another piece of evidence that PETA is full of pro-vegetarian analists who would much rather control other people and their diets, than for nobody to have any fun at all. I’m glad they number so few in comparison to those with actual common sense.

Reminds me of when they voted Fable 2 as their number 1 game, then dropped a halfwit bullshit answer on why kicking chickens and owning an animal companion is okay when it’d against their hypocrtical beliefs.

djnforce9 says:

There is not going to be any legal issues whatsoever because the author of Super Meat Boy provoked PETA to make this parody as in order to promote his game (given how much more PETA is well known than Super Meat Boy itself, this was a pretty brilliant PR stunt). All he did was continually troll the forums and eventually his plan succeeded (read the entry on the Super Meat Boy site and you’ll see that this truly was his motive). The question is how much this will impact sales.

I am also betting that Super Tofu Boy will become an unlockable character in Super Meat Boy itself (in a future update perhaps).

EDIT: Yup! Just as I thought:

The Super Meat Boy website is also running very slow at the moment which suggests that it’s getting a LOT of traffic right now.

eston says:

At least with the Cooking Mama parody, the underlying message was pretty clear. What is the message here? That meat-based platforming is wrong? I don’t get it.

Kincyr says:

at least SMB’s Twitter feed is lampooning back, such as jokingly blaming PETA for the lack of a PS3 release

also, their reaction to Super Tofu Boy. it’s interesting to note that Meat Boy isn’t actually made of animal meat, he was simply born without skin and that’s his name. so what kind of abomination is Tofu Boy?

岩「if Phyllis Schlafly wants to undo Women’s Rights, she should lead by example and get back in the kitchen」

gellymatos says:

Oh, PETA. You guys always make me hungry…for meat…. on swords. I do know a good brazilian place where I live….

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

MechaTama31 says:

So, PETA has a problem with a game because the main character is made of meat.  I suppose that means they should have a problem with any game starring a human or other animal because hey, guess what?  WE’RE MADE OF MEAT.

God, I hate PETA.