Rovio Predicts $1 million a Month from Free Angry Birds

December 7, 2010 -

Angry Birds developer Rovio tells TechCrunch that it expects to make over $1 million in monthly revenues from the free-to-play version of its popular bird-catapulting game.

"By end of year, we project earnings of over $1 million per month with the ad-supported version of Angry Birds," Rovio CEO Peter Vesterbacka told TechCrunch.

The iPhone version of the game costs money, but the Android version is self-published and free. The game makes money off ads it serves up to the user. The Android version of the game has been downloaded over five million times from the Android Market. Vesterbacka also told TechCrunch that the Angry Birds series has an 80 percent retention rate, based on the number of players that return to download updates.

Source: GI.Biz

Posted in

Comments

Re: Rovio Predicts $1 million a Month from Free Angry Birds

Good for him, but I wish I could buy an ad-free version for Android.  The ad is placed in such a way that it often blocks critical information, and you have to wait quite a while for it to go away.  Very frustrating.

Re: Rovio Predicts $1 million a Month from Free Angry Birds

Thats some sweet money coming to him. Maybe after this more free apps will have ads in them to make this kind of cash.

Re: Rovio Predicts $1 million a Month from Free Angry Birds

Video Related:

------------------------------------------------------------ My DeviantArt Page (aka DeviantCensorship): http://www.darkknightstrikes.deviantart.com

MattsworknameBIG: how does that make sense?08/05/2015 - 12:18am
Big PermLenny Kravitz penis has been trending all day08/04/2015 - 11:45pm
MattsworknameSo far, Win 8 gave me nothing but problems08/04/2015 - 11:18pm
MattsworknameI;ll see what I can come up with tomarow08/04/2015 - 11:16pm
ZippyDSMleethose is the issue.08/04/2015 - 10:47pm
ZippyDSMleeOdd, even with admin? I have UAC turned off so I do not have to fuss with it too much, also in order to run FO3/NV you need DX,VC++ 010, mmm might try and download VC++ distro pack both 32 and 64bit from 8 to 2012 or so and isntall them see if one of thos08/04/2015 - 10:46pm
MattsworknameTried that 2 zippy, it still wouldn't work08/04/2015 - 10:43pm
ZippyDSMleeI have had to run NV in compatibility mode before. I have both FO3 and NV running fine with a bunch of mods on win8.108/04/2015 - 10:24pm
MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm