Online Gaming Curfew Coming to Ho Chi Min in January

December 9, 2010 -

A roughly translated news story on vietnamnet reports that young players in Ho Chi Min City, Vietnam will be subject to a gaming curfew beginning in January. The crackdown by the city's Department of Information and Communications follows a move earlier this year to curtail primary school students from playing games on weekdays between the hours of 8 am - 5 pm.

Under the new rules, gambling companies are also required to shut down from 10pm to 8am daily and not to provide online gaming to internet shops near any educational institutions.

The crackdown on online games is the result of a public outcry on the “negative effect of video games” on youth. Local reports have blamed an increase in everything from juvenile crime to school truancy on online gaming.

The report also mentions that 20 games were banned this year because they contained "illicit images, including 18 games that contained elements of violence." Authorities requested that four game providers remove the "digital content" that contained "illicit images."

Source: VietnamNet

Comments

Re: Online Gaming Curfew Coming to Ho Chi Min in January

In Soviet Vietnam, Government runs you!

-------

GamePolitics, it's time for a mobile version of the site, don't you think?

-------

"WARNING GUARANTEE: This post contains material which a truly free society would neither fear nor suppress."

Re: Online Gaming Curfew Coming to Ho Chi Min in January

And I thought Australia had it bad...

Re: Online Gaming Curfew Coming to Ho Chi Min in January

Excellent, now the kids will have more free time to do drugs, vandalize, steal, and have unprotected premarital sex!  What do they think they will do, study?  hahahahahaha

Re: Online Gaming Curfew Coming to Ho Chi Min in January

Oh backwards countries, you are so funny. I wish sometimes we could take all the out of touch alarmists and ship them to their own country.

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

ZippyDSMleePapa Midnight: Care to take a look at this and tell me what you think about it? http://www.amazon.com/Frisby-FS-5010BT-Surround-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B00EYX1N2S/03/26/2015 - 10:27pm
Matthew Wilson@AE I think he means both.03/26/2015 - 9:23pm
Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am