Pachter: Kinect Outsells Move 5 to 1

December 11, 2010 -

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter points out that Microsoft's Kinect outsold Sony's Move by 5 to 1 at retail in the month of November. In his latest report, Pachter said that "about half" of Xbox 360s sold during the month (Microsoft reported 1.37 million Xbox 360s) were part of Kinect bundles, while PlayStation Move bundle sales were "about one fifth" of total PS3 sales for the month.

Sony has said that it has shipped 4.1 million Move units worldwide, but did not disclose how many have sold. While it may have been a record month for the game industry and - in particular - Microsoft, Sony has seen better times.

Source: Joystiq

Comments

Re: Pachter: Kinect Outsells Move 5 to 1

lol

interesting source for the info but i am curious how many moves sold.

i find the Move loses sync very fast and ends up way off the mark when playing games that require fast action :(

love it, but that one problem alone makes it nearly impossible to use half the time, and if the camera loses sight of one of the controllers for even a moment... well, it just gets worse.

love it in Heavy Rain though, really adds to the games feel.

Re: Pachter: Kinect Outsells Move 5 to 1

Damn, now we're also publishing sales numbers by Pachter?. This is getting ridiculous.

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm