Pachter: Kinect Outsells Move 5 to 1

December 11, 2010 -

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter points out that Microsoft's Kinect outsold Sony's Move by 5 to 1 at retail in the month of November. In his latest report, Pachter said that "about half" of Xbox 360s sold during the month (Microsoft reported 1.37 million Xbox 360s) were part of Kinect bundles, while PlayStation Move bundle sales were "about one fifth" of total PS3 sales for the month.

Sony has said that it has shipped 4.1 million Move units worldwide, but did not disclose how many have sold. While it may have been a record month for the game industry and - in particular - Microsoft, Sony has seen better times.

Source: Joystiq

Comments

Re: Pachter: Kinect Outsells Move 5 to 1

lol

interesting source for the info but i am curious how many moves sold.

i find the Move loses sync very fast and ends up way off the mark when playing games that require fast action :(

love it, but that one problem alone makes it nearly impossible to use half the time, and if the camera loses sight of one of the controllers for even a moment... well, it just gets worse.

love it in Heavy Rain though, really adds to the games feel.

Re: Pachter: Kinect Outsells Move 5 to 1

Damn, now we're also publishing sales numbers by Pachter?. This is getting ridiculous.

Poll

Will an M rating hurt Batman: Arkham Knight's sales?:

Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.vg247.com/20…/…/27/olli-olli-3ds-wii-u-cross-buy/ I wounder if this is a sign that Nintendo may finally link accounts across the 3ds/wiiu in the near future.02/27/2015 - 9:18pm
prh99http://www.romanoriginals.co.uk/invt/70931?colour=Blue The dress does comes in white and blue but both have black lace and a sheer back top, I don't see gold or brown. 02/27/2015 - 8:54pm
ZippyDSMleeDungeons was a so bad so good game to me so I been keeping up with its sequel which will more of a Dungeon Keeper clone. As for pre order out of 7 preorders I was not burnt by 2... Add my contempt of most of modern game design.Ya I have all kinds of hurt.02/27/2015 - 8:40pm
MechaTama31I don't even want to know...02/27/2015 - 8:22pm
ZippyDSMleeFun? I can do fun…. I think LOL. Dungeons 2 is on preorder but not via steam... >> Hell I am breaking all kinds of personal butthurt rules to even THINK about pre order...02/27/2015 - 8:12pm
E. Zachary KnightHad some fun discussions about that dumb dress on Facebook. I opened the original picture in GIMP and sampled the colors and determined them to be Blue and Gold. People still say I am wrong.02/27/2015 - 7:41pm
ConsterTime for something completely different: #teamwhiteandgoldllama!02/27/2015 - 7:27pm
ZippyDSMleeAndrew Eisen: I'll try. ^^02/27/2015 - 5:40pm
ZippyDSMlee james_fudge: That’s what I been doing damnit!! *bites your leg*. LOL All but a couple posts have been written in word 2010. This has had my full attention so I’ve been able to keep some consistency up today which is nice a shame it’s still gibberish ><02/27/2015 - 5:38pm
Andrew EisenLike I said, if you want to have a discussion or get a question answered, I'm more than happy to oblige. All I ask in return is you have enough respect for everyone else to take the time to compose a readable post.02/27/2015 - 5:35pm
ZippyDSMleeI suppose it would be poor of me to say this but thank you for taking the time to reply to my questions, it does help me every now and then to discuss things and update or refine my opinion on stuff.. I do miss the forums here….02/27/2015 - 5:31pm
james_fudgeYou could run it through Word :) It's not that hard.02/27/2015 - 5:30pm
ZippyDSMleeSomething’s I can be clearer on more simple constructs making me better understood. Stack my weaknesses with complex constructs and my bad sense of humor and ya it’s a mess.. Consistent clarity is a pain in the butt for me.02/27/2015 - 5:22pm
ZippyDSMleeHave I ever held a covnersion this long that dose not have issues?02/27/2015 - 5:18pm
ZippyDSMleeBetween being learning disabled and having “quirks” from 5th grade I communicate in streaming conscious, I derive information from written words out of order giving me issues revolving around context.02/27/2015 - 5:17pm
Andrew EisenYou're bullshitting. You can communicate clearly. I've seen you do it. If you want to have a discussion, fine. I'm more than happy to oblige but I'm not going to waste any more of my time if you insist on hiding behind the Zippy character.02/27/2015 - 5:15pm
ZippyDSMleeThose that walk the harsh path of grammar are blind to those that nibble upon it. Of course it helps incoherence is my friend…. LOL02/27/2015 - 5:14pm
Andrew EisenAgain, your comments make no damn sense.02/27/2015 - 5:10pm
ZippyDSMleeMabye if I put my brains in a blender I would think better...I dunno... LOL02/27/2015 - 5:09pm
ZippyDSMleequestion. God this is what I get for writing for the last 3 days…. to much over damn thinking….02/27/2015 - 5:07pm