Pachter: No Impact on Treyarch for Black Ops Technical Problems

December 17, 2010 -

WedBush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter says that the technical problems associated with the Windows PC and PS3 versions of Call of Duty: Black Ops will have "no impact" on the reputations of developer Treyarch or publisher Activision.

Pachter says that, despite the number of errors the game has had on the platforms and post-patch problems for some users, there will be no backlash from the community because Treyarch is responding quickly to the problems.

Treyarch released a patch this week to address the known issues with the game, but some users are complaining about connection issues still.

Yesterday Treyarch community manager Josh Olin issued a statement on the official site for the game, letting the community know that the company was aware of problems post-patch and working on a solution:

"We are aware that many online players have been experiencing connectivity issues since Tuesday’s patch. We have been working hard to track down the cause and fix them as quickly as we can. We’ve already updated the game with one 'hot fix' since Tuesday’s release that has improved many of those connectivity problems, and we’ve got more coming, so stay tuned."

Source: Inc Gamers

Comments

Re: Pachter: No Impact on Treyarch for Black Ops Technical ...

How many more CoD games are they going to make with that cookie cutter? It's become nothing but noise to me just like Final Fantasy. The people at Treyarch must be sick to death of making the same game over and over again. Thank you corporate publishers for diluting the culture of games with your iterative garbage.

-Greevar

-Greevar

"Paste superficially profound, but utterly meaningless quotation here."

Re: Pachter: No Impact on Treyarch for Black Ops Technical ...

I'm not sure how much you know about the CoD series, but of the latest of the same "cookie cutter" when it comes to multiplayer,Treyarch have only made the latest of the series and "World at War". Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2, the series that made CoD what it is, was by Infinity Ward. Furthermore, the multiplayer has changed. I'm not sure what you or anyone else consider "cookie cutter, but it all depends what counts as keeping the same "cookie cutter" when it comes to changing or not. And clearly the gameplay is such that enough people enjoy the series. Should the fans get complained at as well.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

Poll