Republicans Amend Bill to Take Down Net Neutrality

December 17, 2010 -

The highest-ranking Republican member of the Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee has filed an amendment to an appropriations bill to put a hold on funding for any new net neutrality rules passed by the FCC. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison's (R-Texas) amendment was co-signed by John Ensign (R-Nevada) and six other Republican lawmakers.

The amendment to a bill for military and veterans construction projects would "prohibit the FCC from using any appropriated funds to adopt, implement or otherwise litigate any network neutrality based rules, protocols or standards."

The FCC is set to vote on net neutrality rules December 21 at its December meeting.

Source: Washington Post

Comments

Re: Republicans Amend Bill to Take Down Net Neutrality

Riders like this on bills that have nothing to do with the issue really anger me. Our whole political system in the US is tragically broken. We need serious and substantial campaign finance reform to get corporate interests out of Washington. Of course the people who are currently the best at the current system are loathe to change it, so I think we'll be stuck with our corrupt government for quite a while.

Re: Republicans Amend Bill to Take Down Net Neutrality

I move that all ISPs block Republican websites, since the opposition of Net Neutrality will allow them to do so

岩「if Phyllis Schlafly wants to undo Women's Rights, she should lead by example and get back in the kitchen」

岩「…I can see why Hasselbeck's worried about fake guns killing fake people. afterall, she's a fake journalist on a fake news channel」

Re: Republicans Amend Bill to Take Down Net Neutrality

Well, since it'd be easier for Campaign staff to pay off ISPs to block access to opposing sites....

Re: Republicans Amend Bill to Take Down Net Neutrality

New GOP motto: By the corporations, for the corporations (much more blatantly than the Democrats).

Re: Republicans Amend Bill to Take Down Net Neutrality

Ya but when all politician comes with that tag....everything gets samey....

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: Republicans Amend Bill to Take Down Net Neutrality

"a bill for military and veterans construction projects"

Ah, so they wrap themselves in the flag and dare people to vote against it.

The week after all three of them contributed to a filibuster of health benefits for 9/11 first responders.

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate nearly every politician in Washington?

Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm